Kansas State Athletics announced a list of changes and improvements for Wildcats fans at the football games for the upcoming season at Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Thursday.
Chief among them: Thanks to updated programming of metal detectors, fans no longer will have to remove items from their pockets (cell phones, keys, etc.) before entering the stadium.
Fans also now will have the opportunity to vote on pregame music using a new music app.
To K-State athletics director Gene Taylor, these improvements only will enhance the gameday experience.
“We have one of the best game atmospheres in all of college football thanks to our tremendous fan base,” Taylor said in a release. “As part of our commitment to them, we will continue to explore various improvements throughout the stadium that will make their experience at our games even better. Our fans do an outstanding job informing us of their concerns through surveys and emails, and we take that input very seriously when considering making improvements and enhancements that will serve as a benefit for them.”
Other initiatives i include discounts on some concession items for season tickets holders, margaritas on the menu in the beer garden on the Goss Family South Tailgate Terrace, designated spots for rideshare on either side of the stadium and a few in-game production elements, such as the conference-wide implementation of a sideline timeout countdown clock.
Kansas State will hold its “Meet the Cats” autograph session for fans to meet players and the new coaching staff from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Aug. 24.
The Wildcats begin their season at home at 6 p.m. Aug. 31 against Nicholls State.
• Concession discount cards for season ticket holders to receive $1 off hot dogs, popcorn and bottled water at the main concession stands
• Spacious new structure for the east side K-State Super Store location
• Rideshare pickup/dropoff locations in the East and West parking lots
• Expanded beverage menu, including margaritas in the beer garden on the Goss Family South Tailgate Terrace
• Updated programming of metal detectors allowing fans to pass through without removing items in their pockets, including cell phones, keys, etc.
• Additional pedestal scanners placed at various stadium gates for expedited entry
• Willie’s Fun Zone kids experience inside the stadium near Gate M
• Sideline countdown clock displaying length of time remaining until game action resumes
• Additional Chick-fil-a location on the west side (near Section 4)
• Additional Kona Ice location on south concourse
• New in-game product elements, including music, videos, team entrance and more
• Budget-friendly season ticket package offered at just $150 in the View Level