The annual Riley County Livestock Association Summer Tour will be held on Sunday, Aug. 25, starting at 5 p.m. at Roth Farms, 1924 Valleyview Road, Green, Kansas. Ron Roth and his daughter Amanda will be the tour hosts.
Roth Farms has both cow-calf operation and a farrow-to-finish swine operation. The tour will focus primarily on the swine side of the operation, with Ron and Amanda Roth discussing innovations in swine production and changes made to their operation to meet the specs to be cooperating farm for Coleman Natural Foods.
From Leonardville, Ron Roth’s home is located seven miles west on Highway 24, then one mile north on Valleyview Road.
A free supper provided by the Riley County Livestock Association will be served following the tour. Food and table service are provided. Participants are asked to bring their own lawn chairs.
• Tanner Benjamin Garrett, 20, 1224 Fremont St. No. 26, for DUI and displaying or possessing fictitious, revoked or suspended driver’s license. Confined on $750 bond.
• Michael Cortez, 35, Manhattan, for uniform criminal extradition act. Confined without bond.
• Jodi Ann Mason, 39, Chapman, for two counts of DUI. Free on $5,000 bond.
• Mililani Landez, 39, 2008 Browning Ave., for domestic battery. Free on $1,000 bond.
• Elijshanae Demetrianea Trim, 24, Richmond, California, for attempted theft of property or services and attempted identity theft. Exceptionally cleared.
• Lisa Marie Mitchell, 52, Junction City, for failure to appear. Confined on $300 bond.
• Denaal Latress Thompson, 35, 3404 Chimney Rock Road, for two counts of probation violation. Confined on $6,500 bond.
• Edward Lamont Williams, 33, Junction City, for probation violation. Confined on $2,000 bond.
• Everett Bryan Summers, 58, homeless, for failure to appear. Free on $3,000 bond.
• Joseph Henry Williams, 35, Mishawaka, Indiana, for two counts of failure to appear. Confined on $46,000 bond.
• A 26-year-old man reported that someone stole electronics and other miscellaneous items from his residence, according to a Riley County Police Department report. Officers filed a report for theft Thursday at 707 Crestwood Drive. Estimated total loss is $780. Police refused to identify the victim, despite the fact that the information is public record under state law. Police ask that anyone with information contact the RCPD or the Manhattan Riley County Crime Stoppers. Anonymous information provided to Crime Stoppers at 785-539-7777 could result in a cash reward up to $1,000.
• A 24-year-old man reported that someone took his 2014 Chevrolet 1500, according to an RCPD report. Officers filed a report for motor vehicle theft at 1113 Village Drive. Estimated total loss is more than $500. Police refused to identify the victim, despite the fact that the information is public record under state law. Police ask that anyone with information contact the RCPD or the Manhattan Riley County Crime Stoppers.
Police released new information about the following cases:
• Betty Banner, 75, reported someone entered her garage and took a large yellow air compressor, according to an Aug. 22 RCPD report.
• Marisol Narvaez, 42, reported someone took money from her through a fraudulent electronic money wire transfer through Walmart, according to an Aug. 22 RCPD report.