And what grade is she in…..
Posted: 13 December 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

A police report of a school bus/vehicle accident says two passengers on the bus were injured and transported to Mercy Regional… one 17 years old, the other 76 years old.
http://www.littleapplepost.com/2012/12/12/rcpd-reports-car-school-bus-accident/

Why do we have a 76 year old riding as a passenger on a school bus??  Is a 76 year old supposed to be the disciplinarian?  Or, is that the way we old folk get free entertainment, by taking school bus rides.  Guess it would be more exciting than bridge or shuffleboard.  What is the liability exposure of the school if we have the elderly… and, yes, I’m there… riding the buses?  Do we allow friends of the school bus drivers to ride along?  Just seems like asking for a big lawsuit when someone slips and falls getting up and down the steps of the bus.

Posted: 13 December 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2012-10-21

My guess is the 76-year-old is a para-educator.

Posted: 15 December 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
There is nothing more exciting than a heated bridge game…of course most of the people who were avid bridge players, are now dead.  My grandmother used to host bridge parties.  She would have seven or eight tables set up.  She taught me to play when I was six…by the time I was ten, I ruled.  She and I would be partners and no one could beat us. Of course we had little tricks (no pun intended)...“Uh club” for example meant something very different than “a club”...hahaha…My grandmother was crafty and she taught me all the tricks to winning at bridge.

Posted: 15 December 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Also, Michael, tough to find anyone who still plays pinnochle.  Growing up, my folks played canasta with friends/relatives.  Grandfolks played card games of Touring and Flinch.  Kids, today, are too busy killing people on the violent video games their parents gift them with, they won’t even consider card games or board games.  Adults are “tethered” to their Smart Phones and couldn’t take time to turn them off for a good competitive game of cards.

Our family enjoys “Scrabble marathons”.  We have Super Scrabble, a larger board and more tiles than the Official Scrabble.  Four of us, two daughters and my wife and I, get extremely competitive around the Scrabble board.  Scrabble is good for keeping the mind sharp, especially since spell check has mitigated the necessity to know how to spell.

Posted: 16 December 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10

She was probably a para working with the special needs kids, or perhaps a bus monitor. Being injured in an accident doesn’t somehow prove that the elderly should be prohibited from being employed by the school district.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.