Opened a New Topic for better exposure—-
This city DESPERATELY needs a YOUTH CENTER. Want to CUT FUNDING for youth agencies? I understand that FUNDING anything now a days is tough. So here is my vision and my idea.
I HAVE noticed that the city is wasting space currently at the old Anderson Ave fire station. I HAVE WANTED TO OPEN a Youth Center for years. A FREE building or even a reasonable lease that the CITY doesn’t have to build and convert to a youth center is RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. Why wait YEARS TO BUILD one off of TAX PAYERS money when we can convert a building already owned and operated by the city? (I assume it is owned by the City)
My vision—The city needs a youth center where the cities youth can hang out. This city needs an area for youth to hang out and have fun at an affordable price. Maybe someone can run with this idea.
Convert the ANDERSON AVE building to a place where city youth can hang out. $30 monthly membership for a family. YOU HAVE TO CHARGE so you can revoke the membership from the whole family when problems arise. There can also be scholarships provided by local businesses etc. HIGHSCHOOL students can also be employees (Juniors and Seniors Only).
Center includes a Game Room, Reading (study) room, basketball courts, soccer field, Lounge area, and a kitchen
A school bus can be used to run after school routes to Center from the 8th centers and one from the highschools.
I wonder what the capacity could be for a given day?
Funding- Since this would be geared towards 8th through 12th grade you can charge a monthly membership for families. $30 a month is reasonable for what you can have in it. Lets assume you can get 300 students to sign-up but you lose 100 of them because the $30 is a FAMILY membership. Roughly $6000 a month.
Also I am huge into shameless advertising (CHECK OUT MY COPELAND INSURANCE CAR) BTW I THINK WE SHOULD ADVERTISE ON OUR PUBLIC SCHOOL BUSES. YOUR WASTING VALUABLE ADVERTISING SPACE.
1. The building can be named after the highest bidder that includes a 7 year contract of being named “Wynn Butler Youth Center”. Lets assume you bid $10,000 to have that, Just to name it BTW.
2. Other areas include naming rights to various rooms- The “Briggs Auto game Room” which is full of Xbox’s and Playstations and arcade games. $4000
3. The Mercury Reading Room-- Sponsored by the Mercury of course. FREE ADVERTISING SWAP. Used for studying- USD 383 Sponsors KSU tutors to room
4. Bob Strawn Plaza—$25,000. This is a two court basketball area out back and a Mini Soccer field. There is also a GOLDEN statue to commemorate the wonderful deeds he did as mayor. THIS IS MY FAVORITE.
5. BOCKERs2 Catering Kitchen—- $2000 THIS IS WHERE LEFT OVERS ARE BROUGHT FROM AREA RESTAURANTS. Students can pig out for FREE. Why throw your food out as a business owner when you get a TAX DEDUCTION for donating all of the leftovers to the “WYNN BUTLER YOUTH CENTER”
6. Fast eddies Pool hall—DONATED OLD POOL TABLES SO THEY GOT THE NAME FOR FREE.
7. RENT OUT FOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES——