You might have warned us, Ned
Posted: 23 November 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I lost $1.50 in two different machines.  I thought it odd to encounter two broken machines.  I finally went to the grocery store and they charged me $1.50….well $1.63 with tax.  I asked the clerk if it was Sunday.  She said no, and then I accused her of over-charging me.  She pointed to the front of the paper, and, there it was $1.50. Why did you do that?  With all that paid for junk advertising, this paper should have been a money-maker at .75.  I spent $3.13 on a tiny newspaper filled with crap.  Last time I spent almost that much on a single newspaper was a Sunday New York Times.

Posted: 23 November 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Raise the price of the daily paper… Minimize participation in the discussion board… Only report sports news that occurs between Friday afternoon and Monday morning, no other local happenings… Hmmmm, perhaps we can’t take the hint.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
I am assuming that this was just a holiday thing.  I will not pay that on a daily basis.  I can get the NYT for less than that.  I simply don’t understand why a newspaper loaded with expensive advertising needed to raise its price.  I further assume that the reason for this was that they knew everyone would want those ads and they could gouge.  Maybe the Seatons have merged with a local convenience store owner.

Posted: 23 November 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Could be, Michael.  However, I don’t think Ned has shelled out a million bucks for a Colbert Hills mansion, yet, like the convenience store owner.

Posted: 29 November 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2012-10-10

Larry—

The convenience store operator you are discussing bought a house at a cheap rate. He would have been nutz not to take the deal.

BTW it was Ron Prince old house.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.