< 1 2
2 of 2
We never stagger, we never fall
Posted: 20 November 2012 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2012-10-28

Not happening, but if you come out to the Fiesta Bowl I’ll buy you one.

Posted: 21 November 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

Klon I had been waiting for you to make some sort of comment.  The Kats got throttled there is no doubt about that, but anyone that is an actual football fan and not a message board troll could tell that wasn’t the KSU offense we had been seeing all year.  For some odd reason the OC decided we needed to throw the ball 50+ times in a game that we should have been running in down their throat to get our points.  We all could arm chair QB all day long so I won’t even get into what we could/should and didn’t do.

Getting the breaks all year long?!  In what world are you living in that you can even remotely believe that. OU got just as many breaks in the game as KSU did, the difference was we capitalized on them.  All the other games we have dominated from start to finish.  Your statement that KSU would be an underdog to any of the top 15 teams is funny.  They’ve been on “upset” alert every game this season and have been marginally favored or an underdog in most others.

I would LOVE it if KSU went to the Rose bowl to absolutely crush Nebraska but alas that will not happen and we will go to a different BCS bowl and play a quality opponent.

Posted: 21 November 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Michael,
I am still wondering if Klein is not at 100% after the injury.  That might explain the play-calls.  I think he is still in the running for the Heisman.  A good performance against Texas might cinch that.  My guess is that they might well play Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl, and Gray has promised me a drink if I attend.  The last time I attended a KSU bowl game was in Tucson…a hundred years or so ago.  They beat Wyoming, and I drove to Tucson to watch the game.

Posted: 21 November 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2012-10-28

I too am terminally bewildered by K State abandoning the running game/ball control offense in both the Cotton Bowl and again against Baylor.  But its hard to be critical when as a fan we don’t know the reasons or rationale behind those kind of things.

Hopefully whatever that was won’t be repeated in the next 2 games.

Current BCS projections are showing K State vs Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl (Please, Don’t Count Your chickens People don’t throw stones).  If you want to see an opportunity to put K State’s Team, Credibility and Program Stature to the test this would be it. 

The Stanford game reminded me a lot of how K State got to 10 wins this year and last.  Can K State execute the running game, ball control offense and be sharp as a tack on defense for 60 minutes against Oregon?  It seems that fate may cause us to find out.

Posted: 21 November 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

Michael Davis, Anyone that is an actually football fan would have noticed that when a team that is so one dimensional as Kstate is, when they get down they are in BIG trouble.  Please see Saturday.  As soon as they went down 14 early on, i told the people I was watching it with it was over.  They had no other option other then to throw the ball.  Their defense couldnt make a stop and in the first quarter their offense made mistakes that they normally dont make.  Thus putting them in a BIG hole and THUS having to go away from what they would normally do of “slamming it down the opponents throat”.  When a team like KState gets down they are in trouble. Because they do have to come back by trying to throw the football.  Thats the ONLY reason why they had to throw the ball so much and that is the only option that they had.  Funny how you dont want to give the Baylor Defense any credit but just blame the OC and head coach for the loss.  My hats off to Baylor for shutting down a good running attack and making that team go to their weakness.

Should be an interesting game next week against Texas.  I am sure Kstate will get their best shot.  Texas has a very good Defense and their offense is starting to come around.

< 1 2
2 of 2

‹‹ Going to Waco?      Conference Expansion ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.