1 2 > 
1 of 2
We never stagger, we never fall
Posted: 18 November 2012 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

We sober up on wood alcohol.  They did it to you again, didn’t they Ned?  Broke your heart…again.  Something fans must learn about St Snyder.  He is like the Chiefs of old.  He will get you all excited and then slap you in the face at the end.  Take comfort in the fact that Notre Dame will be #1…that is the way of the world.  That is how God meant it to be.

Posted: 18 November 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

While the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown.

Posted: 18 November 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2012-10-28

(1)  C’est la vie

(2) And when I fall down, I have to pick myself back up

Posted: 18 November 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Sorry, Gray, but it is over and done with.  Hopes dashed, dreams shattered.  The pretenders to the throne were exposed. How sad.hahahahahaha

Posted: 18 November 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

A loss to Texas, this next Saturday, means they wouldn’t even win the Big 12.  Those who spend thousands to travel to a second tier bowl game will drink beer and talk about the season that could have been.  They will never understand this is just a game where kids run up and down a grass field, attempting to take an egg shaped ball away from the other team.  The game allows coaches and staff to make large salaries.  The game allows the bankers and attorneys and the wealthy who have been handed eco-devo dollars to occupy fancy box seats and look down on the less fortunate who can only afford mere end-zone benches.  Where you are seated at this extravagaza is a display of your financial success… and those who hold the good seats will never tire of making certain the “small people” are aware of their favored positions.

Before the season began, most who follow the game would have been delighted to know a 10-2 season was possible.  A coach in his 70s, merely wanted to make good enough of a showing so he could leverage his son as his successor.  The great achievements of this season will assure that.  The fans will be pleased and will continue their expectations for the future seasons of football at this university.  Hotels, restaurants, bars, and the convenience stores who are able to sell their gasoline 20 cents/gallon higher than anywhere else in the State will continue to smile. 

Current City Commissioners will occupy the seats their season tickets guarantee.  They will tailgate with the rest of the social elite from the Chamber and the upper tier at City Hall.  They will spend $100/family on hotdogs, pretzels, and drinks at a game.  They will ride in parades blanketed in purple.  Their wives will hob-nob as they attend the weekly bridge clubs and social teas.  No matter where the bowl game or what the cost, our elected officials will represent the citizens in style.  Well, they will represent most of the citizens. 

We do have citizens who worry about where grocery money will come from for next week, where gas money to travel to job interviews will come from, or where their children will be able to find a warm coat to wear to school.  The same voices that offer credit card numbers for plane fares and hotel reservations for a far off football game will be heard on Tuesday evenings suggesting the City should not be in the “business” of assisting those less fortunate.  This commission has become the “box seat fans” and the poor of the community are the riff raff who are relegated to end zone seats. 

Let’s hope our team can get healthy and kick some Texas behind this coming week.  We should all cheer.  The good fortune will bring excellent press to our fair City.  Our community will be mentioned almost daily on ESPN.  Not one sports commentator will dare ask if our community supports social service programs for the needy.  It is far more important to discuss which bowl we will go to instead of worrying about those who may have difficulty putting a bowl on their kitchen table.

Posted: 18 November 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-28

Hadley “it is over and done with”  if you are focused only on a National Championship, you are correct.  But nothing else is over.  Life goes on. There is one more game in the Big 12 Season and win or lose it will be one of the most successful seasons in K State Football history.  How often has any team been able to go into Norman and come out with a win?

Don’t you think for a moment that your doom and gloom theme will transform Manhattan into Jonestown.

The 2012 K State Wildcats are one of the best teams in the Nation of that there is no doubt.

So you focus on the negative which seems to be your nature, and let the rest of us celebrate the good things this 2012 Wildcat Team has accomplished.

Posted: 18 November 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame
You take the Notre, I’ll take the dame
It will be Notre Dame vs Alabama in the title game.  That is the way it is supposed to be.  God and Bear Bryant wouldn’t want it any other way.
Oh, to answer your question, thirty-one or thirty two in the last thirty years.  Here is a question for you.  How many times has Baylor beaten a #1 team?

Posted: 18 November 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-28

Why not take it one step further Hadley, who is going to win God or Bear Bryant?  Do you think Your God is bigger than Bear Bryant?

Posted: 18 November 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Gray,
God always prevails.  Bryant comes in second…..:-)

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

The 2012 K State Wildcats are one of the best teams in the Nation of that there is no doubt.-Gray

No they aren’t.  Kstate was exposed the other night for who they are.  1 dimensional team.  All season long Kstate had been getting break after break after break.  This time they couldn’t handle adversity.  They got beat BADLY by a team that has 5 loses on the season.

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Scott,
Stop that negativity.  And stop bothering Gray in Gray World where the cats always win and there is free ice cream for all loyal fans….and, always remember, “losses” not “loses”....

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-28

Klon, is this the point where i say “Yes They Are” and you say “Are Not”,, “Are Too”  “Are Not”

You obviously have your opinion and I have mine.  Whatever the case even with one rather embarrassing loss they are still the 8th ranked Team in the BCS “DEAL WITH IT”

If anything was exposed against Baylor my guess it would be that K State’s Offensive play calling was asleep at the wheel.  As hard as it was for K State to cover Zimmerman being out there is no excuse for K State not rolling up 70 points on Baylor, The offensive game plan was just pathetic and the offensive coordinator /head coach just flat out got out coached/out smarted.

I don’t expect that will happen again against Texas.

But if it make you happy to kick people when they are down Scott, just you go right ahead and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

Life goes on.-Gray

That doesnt sound like you are down….I am not kicking you while you are down.  I am just pointing out things that people normally have this time of year.  By the way…you are 6th in the BCS and not 8th.  I think that Kstate would be in the same boat at Notre Dame.  An underdog to any of the SEC schools if they were to play in the National Title Game.  I will go one step further…Kstate would be an underdog at any neutral site against any of the top 15 BCS ranked teams.

Sorry, Michael…My smart phone aint that smart!

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

I sure would have liked to have seen that 12-0 season.  I think the 11-1, after KSU beats Texas and wins the Big 12 will still be good enough.  I find it interesting that Larry includes reference to economic development and comments that current City Commissioners have season tickets guarantee’s in a sports post.  I had season tickets in the cheap bleachers three years ago.  Those got too expensive so I never renewed them, in either case those bleachers are now gone as part of the renovation.  I do find the time to attend all of the games.  You might notice a crew of folks selling programs for KSU at all locations in the stadium.  That group of volunteers works for Special Olympics.  Special Olympics get a percentage of all program sales.  As part of the program sales crew, we get admission to the stadium along with some great box seats in the grass.    When you come to the Texas game, buy a program for two reasons, one it supports Special Olympics and second it should be a collector’s item to commemorate the Big 12 Championship.

Posted: 20 November 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-28

Klon,

I am not down and wasn’t suggesting I was.  I was inferring that you are trying to Kick K State’s Football team when they are down because you obviously were.  There is a word on sports blogs that covers that sort of behavior I believe it is “TROLL”

As Far as who you think K State could or could not beat (in a hypothetical match up) outside of you I don’t know of anyone who cares.

And oh by the way I am not ranked 6th in the BCS, the K State Wildcats are.  It is a little on the weird side for anyone (you) to attribute credit or responsibility of a Football team to its fans, they really are not the same thing now are they?

Hadley, lay off the crack man!  You have never heard me say or write anything to support your statement that in my world the Wildcats always win.  In my world I know that they don’t get a Win unless they have more points than the other team at the end of the game.  Yes I would like them to win every game, but I am a realist and know they will probably not and may lose some along the way.  At the season’s end I look back and reflect on if it was a good year or if it was a bad year.  This was a good year no matter what happens against Texas or in any bowl game.  For anyone (Klon & Hadley) to try to take away from 10 wins by hurling 2nd grade insults is just a little childish in my not so humble opinion! 

As for Ice cream Hadley,  I understand it is loaded with Sugar which according to Dr. Robert Lustig is 50% Fructose and according to Dr Lustig Fructose can only be metabolized by the liver which makes Fructose by definitions a poison.  With that in mind, you can have all of my Ice Cream.  Go ahead eat as much as you like :)

Posted: 20 November 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Now, now Gray.
Musn’t be so hostile.  I was merely giving credence to your fandom.  We might even meet for a drink at the Alamo Bowl.  Who Knows :-)

1 2 > 
1 of 2

‹‹ Going to Waco?      Conference Expansion ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.