Going to Waco?
Posted: 14 November 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-11-24

Folks:

Anybody out there going to Waco for the Baylor game? If so, give me an e-mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). The Mercury’s newsroom is looking to interview some fans for a story.

—Ned

Posted: 15 November 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Darn.  I thought there for a minute that you were flying down for the game and offering us a free ride on your plane.

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Don’t most of the Manhattan Broadcasting sports crew get flown to games via the “taxpayers’ plane”... the one that says GTM on the side????

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-11-24

Michael:

Yes, yes, but it’s so difficult to decide whether to take the jet or the turboprop.

Larry: No clue. I just know that I personally have to have leather reclining seats or else the trip is FAR too uncomfortable.

—N

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I fully understand.  Take the gun, leave the cannoli…It is a tough decision.  By the way, does Wacko even have an airport?

Last time I was there, all they had was a boat that floated down the Brazos.  Getting an adult beverage was akin to finding a place to smoke in Manhattan.  Not to demean your Fluff reporter, Wacko is a dump.  Always has been.  The only good restaurant they ever had…The Waterworks…went out of business.  Probably because they served liquor.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.