I am making a plea
Posted: 14 November 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

A plea that millions before me have made.  This isn’t about politics.  It is about cats. But, I thought that would be OK because there is nothing going on here anyway.
I have an adorable kitten who is a stray.  The kitten is a tabby about four months old.  It wants to be a house cat.  I have always fed it regularly and it darts into the house every time I open the door.  It likes to be petted and rub on my feet.
Now, the problem is that I have three indoor cats already.  One male and two females.  The male cat is fine with the kitten.  The two females try to terrorize it.  I think I figured out why when rubbing its tummy today.
I think it is a male, but, only a vet can be sure when they are kittens.
Anyway, I would like to find it a home.  This would make a wonderful cat for someone.  I hate to see it stay out all winter.
So, if anyone is looking for a companion, here she or he is.  I will even deliver.  He has a blonde brother/sister who is also very sweet, but, is blind in one eye and lame in one leg.  That cat also needs a home.  I will take that one in if no one wants it in spite of the electric litter box overload.
Well, if anyone can help these little kitties, I am sure they would appreciate a nice lap to sit in.

Posted: 17 November 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

I hope you find a home for the little guy.  I already have a maximum number of residents already, all obtained from the animal shelter.  One is pushing age 21, Google tells me that the record on cat age is around 38 years.  So maybe my oldest creature should be renamed George Burns.

Posted: 17 November 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Wynn,
No takers so far.  Not surprising…too many cats, too few homes.  We have reached sort of a compromise.  The little ones , who eat only in the morning, get to stay in the foyer on cold nights.  So far, this has been successful and without incident/accident.  They seem happy with the arrangement, and I throw in some petting before bedtime.  All of these kittens are potential lap cats, but I cannot deal with the litter box overload.
That is not one of my favorite chores.  Besides, my three indoor cats…Felinicas, Caticus and Underfooticus, like, in the morning to play the stair game.  They go back and forth on each tread while I am trying to go down.  I think they have a little bet going on which of them will trip me first and send me plummeting down the stairs.  Well, at least I know where I will die.  It is only a matter of time before one of them gets me.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.