Ned, Jelani, etal
Posted: 13 November 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I hope you are satisfied with this new forum.  Requiring real names got rid of a few anonymous trolls.  It also got rid of some very valuable and entertaining posters.  Was it worth it to kill this forum?
I think most of us here had no problem with the occasional troll.  Some of them were interesting.  Your theory that more people would participate if everyone used their real name has not proven to be true.  Quite the opposite, in fact.
I, for one, would be happy to put up with a few foul-mouthed trolls to get this forum back to where it was.  I ask you, once again to reconsider.

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

Give the Forum some time.  I think it is much cleaned up and has the potential to be a great vehicle for discourse.  I am sure more folks will join in as the fear of overt personal attacks diminishes.

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-10-11

I think we have a much better chance of an ongoing (civil) discource here, than we ever did on the old forum.  I found the personal attacks and petty nature of the previous forum rendered it near worthless.  At least here, we have a chance at something worthwile.

Posted: 13 November 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I agree Wynn.  This forum could become a great vehicle for de horse…or did you say “dis course”?  Somebody bet on de Bay.  Doo Dah, Doo Dah.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.