Now we have little green boxes beside our names
Posted: 07 November 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry has three green boxes, so he regains his title of Grand Poohbah.  The rest of us have two or one. I have an idea.  Since the Mercury is hell bent on ranking the members of its forum, why don’t we go Navy?  We will call Larry Admiral Larry.  The folks with two green boxes will be referred to as Captain, and so on.  That way if someone’s rank is Seaman, then we know not to read their posts because they are inferior.  We will read only the members of the wardroom….minus Ensigns of course because they are dumber than the average seaman.

Posted: 07 November 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-10-11

I’m going to hit reply on every thread now…just to get more green boxes!

Posted: 07 November 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Darren,
I think it is not replies but threads you start, so if you want more green boxes, just post a bunch of threads.  Doesn’t matter if they are repetitive. Of course it might be based on word count, in which case you need to not only post, but be verbose about it.  Repeat yourself, throw in some platitudes…that sort of thing.

Posted: 07 November 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

By the way, my apologies to Bob…Admiral Bob, that is.

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Admiral Bob must be on shore leave.  Either that or he’s abandoned ship.

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Admirals can do that, unlike Captains who cannot do that without serious repercussions.  Admirals can come and go as they please.  Most of them I have met were fairly jolly fellows.
I wonder how many green boxes are possible?  I suppose space may dictate that. If we did the navy thing, we could just use insignia.

Posted: 07 November 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Admiral Bob may just be licking wounds from the latest broadside.  Four years ago, “my friend Mac” lost his bid for President.  Bob suggested that the Republicans could have won in 2008 had they ran Romney instead of McCain.  Fast forward to 2012 and they did run Romney.  Woops!  How did that work out?

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.