M.E.D. Tech support
Posted: 11 July 2014 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Anyone else having this problem? Everytime I go to Mercury site I get this pop-up from these people. I finally got rid of Health Boost, and now this bunch shows up. Same scam about fixing my computer for free….or so. It only happens on the Mercury pages.

Posted: 17 July 2014 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2012-10-11

Michael, I could be wrong, yet from what I can tell with no more people than there ever is out here I do not think the Mercury has finished the development of this site nor do they intend to finish it. Just seems to be a “near dead” zone. So if you have pop ups going on either you have a bug on your local or they have it and it is only messing with you. I have no issues here or at home. Nonetheless seems they should just close the doors on this non maintained unfinished site. Log in links among many others do not work and for me never have. Takes an act of congress to get logged in and that is why I stay logged in. Maybe that is why there has been next to no new people and no one is going to fight to get logged back in. Seems the old site was better, just did not have “real names” which was an issue for some. So good luck with your pop-ups.

Posted: 19 July 2014 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Dave,
It went away shortly after I posted this…don’t know if it was cause-effect or what…the others, including myspace, also went away…as did my login. I will give Jelani credit…whenever this happens, he fixes it when I contact him. I also stay logged in but sometimes it just goes away and I have to contact him.
I have always argued that the “real name” business killed an active forum. I always used my real name but I can understand why others might not want to do that. Many have jobs that could be endangered.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.