The forum and Aggieville
Posted: 29 October 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I used to enjoy Aggieville back in the seventies.  All the bars were just a little dirty and unkempt.  This was long before the fern bars took over.  Nice smoke hanging in the air.  Very little serious crime as I recall.
As for the forums…the old ones…they were a bit dirty and unkempt as well, and people sort of liked that, as they did Aggieville in the seventies.  This new forum is very civil…sort of a fern bar.  It is also very quiet…like a fern bar.  It doesn’t even inspire any name-calling on the sports forum which used to be quite entertaining.

Posted: 29 October 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

I believe that is because the “Internet Tough Guy” from the old board is yet to sign up.  I guess we all now know who is actually responsible for ruining EVERY thread on the sports board and most of the threads on the Local and Government forums.  Some people just hate life….

Posted: 29 October 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

I believe this has been an interesting experiment.  With the “old” forum, many suggested they didn’t post due to the vitriole… the personal attacks and rudeness displayed by the “regulars”.  So… a new forum is initiated and a number of those who were quick and eager to play troll have not signed up.  Where are all those who wanted a “play nice” board??  What is the excuse, now, for not posting? 

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

Like I said….“Internet tough guys”

Posted: 30 October 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

Klone I do find it interesting that Randel would post a lot on the other board but has yet to grace us with his presence here.  He used his real name so I don’t know why the new rules would keep him away.

Posted: 30 October 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Michael,
I agree with your assessment.  I think Randall is just busy right now.  He is in the middle of a move.  We should hear from him soon.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.