You can’t fix stupid….
Posted: 15 May 2014 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

I see where there was an accident, yesterday, at Seth Childs and Claflin.  The police report says a driver ran a red light, entering Seth Childs from Claflin.  Running the red light he collided with a vehicle turning onto Claflin from Seth Childs.  The “innocent” driver with whom he collided… was DUI!!!  Both were cited.  The guy running the red light should have been issues a “Gold Star for the Day”, instead of a citation.  He found an effective means of taking drunk drivers off the road!!!!

Posted: 15 May 2014 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
You really have a burr under your saddle when it comes to people drinking, don’t you? I am not condoning drunk driving, but I will posit that jackasses who run red lights are equally dangerous and should not be awarded “gold stars ” for causing an accident. The victim could have been anyone, including a child crossing the street.

Posted: 15 May 2014 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

You are so correct, Michael!  I used an extremely bad choice of words.  Too many attempt to run through red lights.  There is nothing so important as to endanger the lives of yourself or others by disobeying traffic signals.  Both were cited and both deserved it.

‹‹ What the hell?      98 Counties??? ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.