General Sports Forum:  The Marlins, Adult Lap Swim
Posted: 03 May 2014 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

Should ever member and coach of the Marlins be required to buy a season pass and sign a liability waver in order to attend practice at the city pool? 

Should Marlin meets be held only in non-general-public hours (mornings)? 

Should Marlin meet rental fees equal or exceed the total of those paid by other, regular morning attendees?

Should a staff-less early morning and late evening lap swim be available, with a season pass and liability waver, for adult residents of Manhattan?

Posted: 03 May 2014 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Randall, I quite beatin’ the dead horse.  The Marlins issue is a done deal… for the next few years.  Jankovich was a Marlin when growing up and his kids belong to The Marlins.  Whenever it comes up at a Commission meeting, we hear all about his exploits as a Marlin.  Butler and Matta aren’t going to agitate Jankovich.  He’s the swing vote on other issues.  For many items, it’s Butler and Matta against McCulloh and Reddi.  So… no sitting Commissioner had the backbone to broach the Marlins topic again.  The City Park Pool was designed around The Marlins and is THEIR pool first… to do with as they want… when they want… how thay want… paying what they want.

Posted: 03 May 2014 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

Larry, what you describe is middle school.  I find it unbelievable that you’re describing the decision process of a city government.  Who says it’s a done deal?  No one’s ever said it’s a done deal. They finally started charging them rent last season .  How they determined the amount… there’s really no guidance on that.  I just thought a kind of minimum fairness standard needs to be set up.  Who knows?  They might end up paying less.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.