Old Message Board
Posted: 24 October 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

I noticed that people are still posting to the old message board.  I have a link saved to my phone so I wonder if other people are using their phones to the view it?  Wouldn’t it encourage people to come to this message board if the old one was disabled?

Posted: 24 October 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-10-11

Absolutely - if the old forum is still open…no wonder no one is here!  Come on Merc staff - pay attention to these issues.

Posted: 24 October 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

You’ve got to be kidding!!!  Someone post the link to the old site.  We’ll all just move there, abandoning the new board until The Mercury staff wises up and shuts it down.

Posted: 24 October 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

This will get you to the old boards:

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/service/displayMessageBoard.kickAction?as=47305&mediaType=messageBoards&sortType=recent&includeMessages=on

Posted: 24 October 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Not much over there except a few of the old heads who are reluctant to use their real names.  Hopefully, Ned/Jelani will get that one shut down.  Operating under The Mercury’s name, without their moderation and approval, could prove embarrassing and costly.

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

Its actually kind of peaceful over here.  So far…..

Posted: 24 October 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10
Scott Klone - 24 October 2012 11:02 AM

Its actually kind of peaceful over here.  So far…..

Hopefully, ‘the calm before the storm’!!!  Probably more people lined up to join the new discussion board than have pre-ordered the new Apple “mini”... and The Mercury is trying to hire people to assist with the processing.  :>)

Posted: 28 October 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Looks like the old board has been disabled.  GOOD!!!  Will that bring more traffic here?  Any… would be more!!!

Posted: 30 November 2012 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10
Larry Williams - 28 October 2012 03:40 PM

Looks like the old board has been disabled.  GOOD!!!  Will that bring more traffic here?  Any… would be more!!!

Because I knew a lot of the people from the old forums wouldn’t come to the new ones, I had hoped we could have a final goodbye thread over there; instead, the forum disappeared suddenly, and I came here only to see this rather petulant thread of people insisting the old board be taken down immediately for no good reason. So thanks, guys. Didja get that influx of regulars after the old board shut down? Did things suddenly improve?

Beyond this thread, I’ve also seen more than one accusation on this board about me not wanting to reveal my real name. Guys, I always posted with my real name, and I showed my full real name on the old forums multiple times. I write online with my real name and I’m easy to find. So is Randall; he’s on the IMDb, for corn’s sake.

I’ve read this forum for weeks—and, FYI, I’m sure plenty of the other regulars have been reading here, too.  I see you guys saying people like me always refused to “stand behind our rants.” I’m just a “resident lefty” in “an ongoing food fight w/Bob” who was “in the closet”.

You all choose to invent your own narrative of “real names scared everyone off.” My goodness, guys, you know that’s not true. Sure, some people made the choice not to use their real names. They are adults who have made the choice based on their own experiences. You all may not agree with them, but you don’t have the right to judge them or to act as though they’re just cowards, which a few of you have been implying. Their opinions were as valid as anyone else’s. Besides, plenty of people posted on the old board with their real names or a nickname variant that didn’t exactly hide their identity. Were all those threads really just worthless? They weren’t to me, but apparently mileage varies.

Posted: 30 November 2012 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

HELLO, Stacia!!!  Good to see you present and accounted for.  Hopefully, you’ll be as valuable a member to this discussion board as you were to the old board.  Of your quotes, I am guilty of the “food fights w/Bob”.  Bob seems to have left this discussion board.  He most certainly may return to the arena at any time.

You and I had some good discussion on the old board… and some not so healthy.  I always respected you for speaking your mind.  You certainly never were subservant to some other quite opinionated posters.  Whether or not I agreed with you on a specific issue, I still will always hold dear your right to your opinions and the liberty to express them here.

So far, it’s been pretty much Michael and Wynn and I.  I was pleased, just this past couple of days, to see additonal posters begin jumping in.  Your participation would be welcome.  You have a quite perceptive view of issues and are extremely adept at expressing those views in print.

(Other than getting down on my knees and begging, how’s that for a valiant attempt at enticing you into the lair??)

‹‹ Tonight’s football webcast      NED!!!!! ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.