Fred Phelps Dies
Posted: 20 March 2014 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-10-10

I can’t link to it because it’s a competing paper, but I will quote:

TOPEKA, Kan (WIBW) Fred Phelps Sr., the former head of the Westboro Baptist Church, died late Wednesday night, according to a family member.

Phelps’ son, Timothy told 13 News that his father died just before midnight. Timothy Pheps works at the Shawnee Co. Jail.

Ironically, another son who is a member of the church, attorney Jonathan Phelps told us Thursday morning, “Pastor Phelps is doing just fine.” That, of course, could have been a spiritual reference.

Posted: 20 March 2014 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

The son who is still part of the cult, undoubtedly wants to get Phelps buried before pickets can be organized. 

What a vile man, full of hatred for his fellow human beings.  It is difficult to imagine anyone going through life, shouldering that much hate.  His despicable acts at the funerals of those who bled and died to preserve his right of protest, will always be a black eye for our State.  Those who suggest Christianity is not a religion of hatred, certainly are looking beyond Fred Phelps and his cult.

To have both the death of Fred Phelps and to have the voters send Brownback packing from the State Capitol would make 2014 a great year for Kansas.

Posted: 20 March 2014 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  717
Joined  2013-07-13

I’ve seen a pretty persuasive argument, presented by many, that to complete ignore his planting would be the best statement of all.

Posted: 20 March 2014 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Good point….

Posted: 20 March 2014 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-10-10

Fortunately, there weren’t that many people who started cheering when it was announced Fred was terminal—mostly comedians on Twitter and the odd political blogger who was probably hoping for pagehits more than anything. The news came and went pretty quickly from what I could see, and no one seemed to much care.

Posted: 20 March 2014 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/susanne-atanus-congress-_n_4993555.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

As if Fred wasn’t enough, Illinois has a Republican who just won her primary.  She says tornados are caused by gay rights.  Sorta hope this dingbat gets elected to office in D.C.  She’d fit right in with Huelskamp and a few of the other wingnuts.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.