Timmy pouts and stomps…
Posted: 18 March 2014 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

He said simply sending an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or calling 620-242-1125 would be enough to enter the contest in an effort to “make the attorneys happy.”

“The Left is up in arms that a Congressman from Kansas would seek to encourage Kansans to cheer on their basketball teams; meanwhile, it is just fine for President Obama and his reelection campaign to raffle off a $35,800 date with George Clooney,” Huelskamp said in the email.

Evabody out to git Po Tim.  Them evil lawyers and “The Left”... 

Riddle me this… when you’re so many miles off course in Limbaughland, is’t everyone “The Left”?

Posted: 19 March 2014 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Huelskamp… a ciomplete and total embarrassment to Kansas!!!  Every negative thing is a fault of “The Left”.  He knew the Farm Bill had the votes to pass.  Therefore, he voted “No” just to make the point that he does not believe any of those who have fallen on hard times deserve assistance.  All the while, his family has collected upwards of a million dollars in farm subsidies.  I don’t see any news report that they have turned back the farm subsidy payments, just because Timmy voted against the bill that keeps them wealthy.

If those who have made Limbaugh and Beck their “Gods” are allowed to elect Huelskamp to another term, it’s only because the rest of the citizens are just too lazy to care.

Posted: 20 March 2014 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

From Page 8, Merc. 

“Huelskamp threatens to sue Douglas County DA over ticket lottery’

So… you SUE a DA when he notifies you that something you’re doing is illegal?

Do you really want to go there, Timmy?

Or is this just more pompous gas from a pompous gasbag.  I’m giving 3-1 odds to any dittohead out there that nothing is ever filed.  Any takers?

Posted: 21 March 2014 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

So, some lady from Wichita won the NCAA tickets.  Wonder if she donated the $10.  Will those who donated, in hopes of winning the tickets, get their money back?  You’d think a Congressman whose family has raked in over $1 million in farm subsidies wouldn’t have to “beg” for $10 donations. 

I was most certainly not a huge fan of Sherow’s, when he was a City Commissioner.  Yet, Jim would make a far better representative of the people of Kansas than the embarrassment named Huelskamp!!!

Posted: 21 March 2014 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

I read someplace that the woman works for his campaign, and is a former State Rep. 

I tell ya’ Timmy, you’d best let this thing drift.  Kansans I know are unhappy enough with you already.

Posted: 21 March 2014 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

Larry;  I went to the town hall meeting that Huelskamp hosted last week.  He spoke about the farm bill and the fact that he voted against it because of the food stamp program.  Same for NBAF – both bills are not clean bills.  In other words they are about more than one topic.  So you can like part of the bill and hate other parts.  That makes it tough to vote as you have to either be able to live with the package deal to vote yes or you vote no and toss out some stuff you like.

At the meeting Huelskamp indicated that he personally did not receive much in farm subsidy.  That appears to be true.  In fact the record reflects that he personally only received $258 in disaster relief.  His brother’s farm received $1.6 million and his parents’ farm $1.1 million from 1995 to 2009. 

So it is true to state that the Huelskamp clan or family received millions, but it is not true to say that Representative Huelskamp personally received those millions.

USDA subsidies for farms in 1st District of Kansas (Rep. Tim Huelskamp) totaled $9,063,000,000 from 1995 through 2009.  So the numbers are in the billions for folks in western Kansas first district – in terms of farm subsidy.

Posted: 21 March 2014 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Wynn, I believe my posts were quite careful to say “Huelskamp family”.  I was just as careful in spelling that out as he is doing a divesture of ownership of the family farms while serving as a Legislator.  He wasn’t nearly as careful to dot the “i’s” when he tried to raffle off the NCAA tickets.

Just the entire attitude to not what one would expect from Kansas.. from a Kansan.  It’s always someone else’s fault.  Pitched a fit when he was tossed off a committee… it was someone out to get him.  Everything in D.C. is the President’s fault or the Democratic Party’s fault.  The NCAA ticket issue was not his fault.  He wants to sue the DA who brought it to his attention.  Should the DA have allowed it to go forward and, then, charged Huelskamp?  Solutions!!!!  Put your head together with the rest of Congress and get something done!  Instead, all he wants to do is butt heads and place blame.  Used to tell the kids, “When you point a finger, remember there are three pointing back at yourself!”

Oh, the Farm Bill.  I do not for one minute believe Huelskamp would have voted “Nay” if his was the swing vote as to whether the bill passed or failed.  There was simply too many dollars at stake for his family.  There were enough votes… finally… to pass without his “Yea” vote.  That allowed him to do the Tea Party Strut and condemn another social program.  Wonder how many more dollars the Koch Bros. will toss as his re-election campaign for that “Nay” vote.

Posted: 21 March 2014 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

“Clean bill”?  Every farm bill for decades has the same ingredients, and Timmy wants a “clean” bill. Meaning one with just farmer largess in it, Wynn?  As I said, all pols want to spend everybody’s money. They just want to spend it on THEIR favorite pork. There’s no such thing as a “conservative”.  The money’s still on the table, Wynn. I say the gasbag never files suit. You?

Posted: 22 March 2014 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

I still think the idea of having a singular clean bill makes sense in all legislation.  That way you know what you are actually voting for or against.  Just because the farm bill has always had the food stamp issue attached to it – thanks I think to Bob Dole, does not make the process sound.  The food stamp issue should be a separate bill.  It is one of many social justice programs.  It appears 50 million people get part of that, maybe less than those that get money from farm subsidy.  Perhaps both of those programs need to be revamped.  For sure the cost of both needs to be closely examined, I am not in favor of the massive spending created by these programs.  But on the other side am not sure they should be totally eliminated.

Posted: 22 March 2014 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

Wynn, can you name me a single bill passed by the Congress in your lifetime, that was a “clean” bill?

Exactly.

See, that’s the problem with Timmy and his ilk.  They’re toddlers pretending to be adults.  Anybody… ANYBODY crosses them, and they throw fits.  A DA notifies Timmy he’s breaking State law, does he make a wry, self-deprecating joke and move on?  No.  He lashes out.  “Lawyers”... “The Left” are out to get him!  He’s going to SUE!

That’s the soul of the republican party these days.  Nothing adult about it any more.  Just a bunch of wailing toddlers, throwing fits.

Posted: 22 March 2014 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

The idea of process improvement is just that - Improvement.  The ideal state would be clean bills.  Just because it is not the norm does not mean it cannot be goal or that it can never be achieved.  I agree that the representative miscalculated on his basketball ticket plan.  I think it was well intentioned.  It left him open for a couple of rocks tossed in his direction (much like the wailing you allude to) and I agree that he should have thanked the DA for pointing out the error, made the appropriate corrections and moved on with things.

Posted: 22 March 2014 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

There are lots of ideals that are impractical in application.  Communism, after all, is based on the pure ideal that no man should profit from another’s labor.  It’s great for philosophical discussions, just preposterous in it’s actual application.  I find it ironic that every bill out of the House for the last three years have riders attached by your man and his ilk meant to funnel money to the military/industrial complex or to torpedo the ACA.  But, to demand a “clean” bill when it comes to food stamps, THAT’S the time to demand purity.

As for “stones” being “tossed” the only one’s I saw were from pouting people in the Huelscamp camp.  Please cite an example of a stone tossed by anyone other than your boy Timmy.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.