BCS Poll
Posted: 23 October 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

What a great year the cats are having.  Bill Snyder deserves all the credit in the world for what he has done.  However, I am afraid that it might not end well for the Cats and their National championship hopes.

If Kstate, and two of these 3 (Alabama, Oregon and Notre Dame) go undefeated the Cats will be on the outside looking in when it comes to the BCS champhionship game.  If I was a Cat fan…I would be singing BOOMER SOONER all week long this week.

Lots of season left but it could get very interesting down the stretch.

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Looonnnngg shot, but… If the Cats win out, they could play for the national championship.  The “dirty birds” to the east could play for the nations championship in basketball.  I heard one of the Fox commentators say he would be in Manhattan for this week’s game w/Tech.  Said he’d never been to Manhattan.  This attention is good for Manhattan…. This attention is good for the State of Kansas.

Posted: 24 October 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

We would have hard time jumping Notre Dame if they go undefeated as they face much stiffer competition down the stretch, but I don’t believer Oregon poses much of a risk as the Big 12 is much stronger as a whole than the Pac 12.  This weekend will play a major roll in how things unfold!  First we have to take care of business or everything else matters very little, and then like Klone said need to be cheering for an OU win and preferably they had the golden domers a beat down!

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

If Alabama, Oregon and Kstate all go undefeated Kstate will be left on the outside looking in for the Championship.  The polls have more pull on the BCS standings and Kstate will not jump Oregon in either poll if they both go undefeated.  The BCS has always been brutal to KSU and this year is lining up to be no different.

Like I said though…lots of football left to be played.

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-19

Like you said, lots of football to be played still. The national media is coming around
on the Cats. I don’t like Oregons chances of knocking off USC twice and I think Notre
Dames dream ends this weekend. We have still got our hands full in every game left
this year but I like our chances. FWIW vegas has us at 4-1 to win the NC. Only behind
Alabama at a 6-5 heavy favorite.

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-19

Other than our win, I’m not sure this weekend could have gone any worse for us.
Notre Dames win really hurts. Oregon still has some tough games, but USC doesn’t
look so formidable for them. These next 4-5 weeks is going to be filled with some great
football. LSU-Alabama should be one for the ages. Don’t know if LSU can score enough
points though.

Posted: 29 October 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

KSU could go undefeated… play one of the toughest schedules in college football… beat a plethora of ranked teams… have the Heisman winner… and still get snubbed for the National Championship.  If ‘Bama, ND, and Oregon all go undefeated, it does not bode well for the Cats.

Posted: 30 October 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

I still highly doubt ND will jump us but Oregon is looking mighty scary!  Need to hope they lose one along the way!

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.