The rumor is rampant!! Lots of scuttlebutt as to local business ventures… and adventures. Nothing comfirmed on any of them. Does anyone have more than just coffeeshop gossip??
1. Sam’s Club going in east of Feldkamp’s, across Hwy 24, just north of TSC.
2. Kohl’s negotiations almost complete on buildout of the existing KMart location. They plan to be open before 2014 Holiday shopping season.
3. HyVee not making projections. Management waiting for confirmation of Sam’s Club. Will not renow lease if Sam’s Club becomes reality.
4. Corporate issues will see both Olive Garden and Best Buy close within 18 months.
5. Local developer putting together a preliminary presentation for the Planning Board to see if the Ray’s Downtown location can be rezoned for multi-family. Looking at a 4 to 5-story subsidized housing facility, designed for senior citizens.
Again, all the above are unconfirmed rumors. Should we actually see some major tenants leave the North 3rd/4th Street Development, what will that do to local property taxes. Taxpayers on the hook for bonds, currently being paid by TIF revenue stream.
Wynn, why can’t the City look at the existing Ray’s location for new Parks & Rec offices. Large existing facilty. Parking. Central location. Wouldn’t a build out of the existing structure be less costly than the proposed City Hall work?