$976.35
Posted: 24 February 2014 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Just read where someone was charged with a crime by RCPD and bond was set at…. $976.35.  We read of courts setting bonds at anywhere from $500 to $1 million.  We see “bond set at $10,000”.  We see “bond set at $1,000”.  I don’t remember seeing such an exact figure as $976.35.

Guy calls home.  “Honey, bring me the cash in my sock drawer.  I’ve been dreading getting picked up, so have stashed $976.00.  Don’t forget to grab 35 cents out of the kid’s lunch money!!”
Guy calls home.  “Honey, take that $1,000 bill to the bank and have them break it.  Been saving it for the next time I get picked up.  I don’t trust the cops to give me my $23,65 in change.”
“Officer, there’s $976.00 in my glove box.  Can you loan me the 35 cents?... Please…....”
“Officer, any way I can borrow $976.35?  I’m scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the Manhattan Leader’s Summit in Kansas City.  No, Officer, I’m telling you the truth.  The Manhattan Community ‘leaders’ all drive to Kansas City to meet.  I know, Officer, you are paying taxes for a new conference center here.  The Manhattan Conference Center is so… so ‘low rent’.  Let the local trash meet in that dump.  We’re better than anything Manhattan has to offer… and we know it!  Umm, what about that $976.35 I need?”

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.