1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5
Licensed Concealed Carry
Posted: 16 February 2014 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

“Dunn told jurors he feared for his life, perceiving “this was a clear and present danger.” Dunn, who has a concealed weapons permit, fired 10 shots, hitting the vehicle nine times. Davis was the only person hit.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fla-man-guilty-of-lesser-counts-in-music-shooting/2014/02/15/6433adea-969f-11e3-ae45-458927ccedb6_story.html?hpid=z3

So, his car is parked beside a car with loud music, containing 4 unarmed teens, doors closed. He empties his gun, point blank.  Misses the ENTIRE CAR once, and hits one unarmed teen out of 10 shots. 

Highly trained, deadly accurate! 

Yep, they’re just like policemen!  We poor sheeple NEED them everywhere!  To… you know… watch out for us!

Posted: 16 February 2014 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Beyond that, there was no need for him to even approach the SUV that was playing the loud music.  Other than being a nuisance, the 4 teens were not a threat to the shooter.  The shooter/cowboy decided he would play cop and get the kids to quiet down their music.  This “highly trained” CCL holder put 10 slugs into a vehicle with 4 teenagers inside.  He killed one.  Had he been anywhere close to a skilled marksman, the body count could have been many more.  This “responsible” gun owner, then, did not even call 911.  Instead, he took his girlfriend to a local hotel and ordered pizza. 
The result of this person choosing to create a situation that escalated into his pulling a weapon and filling a vehicle full of lead…  One dead, a family that will never experience their child growing into adulthood, the shooter spending most of the rest of his life in prison, and the possiblity of retrial on the murder 1 charge and having himself strapped to a gurney and put down.
The Florida law is working quite well.  Just a few weeks ago, we have a retired police officer gun down a young man in a theater because he was texting his daughter.  Now, we have a 45 year old realestate developer gun down a teenager because he thought music was too loud.  And, this appears to be the same “wild west” that is becoming law in Brownbackistan.

Posted: 16 February 2014 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I have a nice little Cobra derringer that fits neatly into the palm of your hand. This is a nice weapon to have. If someone knocks on your door late at night…say eight or so…you can answer the door and be safe…and not look as paranoid as carrying the 9mm which sits beside my bed, or the shotgun which is also next to the bed.
Now it is a “belly gun”...more than ten feet away you can’t hit anything with it.
Well, the point is, I keep my guns at home strictly for protection. I do not tote them about in public.

Posted: 16 February 2014 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2014-02-09
Randall Baughman - 16 February 2014 12:42 AM

“Dunn told jurors he feared for his life, perceiving “this was a clear and present danger.” Dunn, who has a concealed weapons permit, fired 10 shots, hitting the vehicle nine times. Davis was the only person hit.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fla-man-guilty-of-lesser-counts-in-music-shooting/2014/02/15/6433adea-969f-11e3-ae45-458927ccedb6_story.html?hpid=z3

So, his car is parked beside a car with loud music, containing 4 unarmed teens, doors closed. He empties his gun, point blank.  Misses the ENTIRE CAR once, and hits one unarmed teen out of 10 shots. 

Highly trained, deadly accurate! 

Yep, they’re just like policemen!  We poor sheeple NEED them everywhere!  To… you know… watch out for us!

Back to distortions and telling lies Randall? No one said they were highly trained, no one claimed they are just like policemen. Except your dishonest sarcasm. People with intellectual dishonesty, such as you display, are lacking in character. MLK said people should be judged on the content on their character. Yours is dishonest. The kind I avoid.

Having said that, yes, this is a rare case of a CCL holder committing crime. The jury responded appropriately and Dunn faces a long jail sentence. Nonetheless, isolated stories like this are anecdotal. Wise up.

Posted: 16 February 2014 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Larry Williams - 16 February 2014 06:01 AM

Beyond that, there was no need for him to even approach the SUV that was playing the loud music.  Other than being a nuisance, the 4 teens were not a threat to the shooter.  The shooter/cowboy decided he would play cop and get the kids to quiet down their music.  This “highly trained” CCL holder put 10 slugs into a vehicle with 4 teenagers inside.  He killed one.  Had he been anywhere close to a skilled marksman, the body count could have been many more.  This “responsible” gun owner, then, did not even call 911.  Instead, he took his girlfriend to a local hotel and ordered pizza. 
The result of this person choosing to create a situation that escalated into his pulling a weapon and filling a vehicle full of lead…  One dead, a family that will never experience their child growing into adulthood, the shooter spending most of the rest of his life in prison, and the possiblity of retrial on the murder 1 charge and having himself strapped to a gurney and put down.
The Florida law is working quite well.  Just a few weeks ago, we have a retired police officer gun down a young man in a theater because he was texting his daughter.  Now, we have a 45 year old realestate developer gun down a teenager because he thought music was too loud.  And, this appears to be the same “wild west” that is becoming law in Brownbackistan.

Your last sentence is more foolish exaggeration Larry. And unless you listened to every bit of testimony in the trial and listened to every bit of the judge’s instructions to the jury explaining Florida law, then you don’t know squat and shouldn’t try to second guess juries.  You run the risk of people thinking you are an arrogant know-it-all. If the shoe fits, wear it. You also need to wise up.

Posted: 16 February 2014 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

Sure you did, Chunkles.

Distortions and lies?

Like your claim to have qualified expert in rifle and pistol “several times”? Just like your claim to service in the Army?

Anecdotal!  I like that.  So… what was all that garbage about how your cc friends “practice” all the time?  What was that tale about the 88 year old man?  What were THOSE?

You have an irrational fear of everything, Rich.  Not just your fear of public places, a fear of ANYONE finding out who you really are.  It’s sad, really.

Posted: 16 February 2014 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Thousands and thousands of similar crimes occur nationwide that don’t involve CCL holders. You all make a cause celebre out of an isolated case and in true liberal fashion, leap to ridiculous, exaggerated conclusions. You appear to be incapable of being reasonable, and then you throw intellectual dishonesty on top of it. Are your lives really that miserable and unhappy? Poor things. Try a little harder to hold down the overreaction.

Posted: 16 February 2014 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

It proves the LIE that these yahoos are qualified or competent to carry a gun in public.  That’s all

Of COURSE, you don’t want to see yourself as a coward afraid of your fellow Kansans.  How could you possibly rectify that with your delusional image of a sterling warrior looking out for your fellow Kansans?

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Randall Baughman - 16 February 2014 11:30 AM

Sure you did, Chunkles.

Distortions and lies?

Like your claim to have qualified expert “several times”? Just like your claim to service in the Army?

Anecdotal!  I like that.  So… what was all that garbage about how your cc friends “practice” all the time?  What was that tale about the 88 year old man?  What were THOSE?

You have an irrational fear of everything, Rich.  Not just your fear of public places, a fear of ANYONE finding out who you really are.  It’s sad, really.

Randall, I think any clear headed person reading these threads would come to the conclusion that the only “irrational fear” being displayed is YOURS. You seem to be totally out of touch with reality in your fear of anyone carrying a gun around legally, but you never mention criminals carrying illegal guns around. You are irrational.

Another example of your irrationality is when you fantasize that I am someone else, like “CS.”  You all are hilarious in your paranoia.  It borders on rank stupidity. FYI, so you can pull your head out of your fourth point of contact, I was commissioned as a regular army officer out of ROTC. I attended the Infantry Officer Basic Course at Ft Benning, GA in early 1973. My first duty station was Ft. Hood TX where I was in the 3rd Brigade of the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile). I was a rifle platoon leader, a four-deuce mortar platoon leader, and the XO of a combat support company, and later the XO of a rifle company that went to Germany for six months at Wildflecken. I attended the field artillery advance course at FT Sill and a Maintenance course for combat vehicles at Ft Knox and returned to Germany…1st Battalion 4th Infantry at Aschaffenburg which was in the 3rd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division (“Rock of the Marne”). I was battalion adjutant to the battalion commander, a MOH recipient who later became a LTG (three star). Then I spent two years as company commander of a 215 man mechanized infantry company. At Ft Riley, I was the maintenance officer in Division G-4, and then served as the “Devil Brigade” S-4.

So you can choose to be a clown if you doubt it. Any clown who is familiar with infantry maneuver units would know that all of the soldiers, even officers, have to qualify periodically on their weapons. For me, “numerous” times is accurate. The first time on the M-16 I shot sharpshooter. When I earned the Expert Infantryman Badge, I shot expert for the first time. Couldn’t get the award if you didn’t. Later as a division staff officer and a brigade staff officer, I shot expert numerous times with the M1911.

You flat don’t know what you are talking about but like most liberals, you substitute an alligator mouth to compensate. What happens is you are inevitably wrong…again and again.

You think I have an irrational fear of “everything?” Sounds like an all inclusive stupid statement to me. Not like the irrational fear you have about CCL holders. You are hilarious when you all screech like hyenas that I am this CS guy. Sorry, my name is Rick Kramer. I have no idea who CS is. I am not from Kansas originally but came here when I was assigned to Ft. Riley. You can probably get professional help for your paranoia and other irrational fears.  I added the “Bob” to mess with your limited capacity minds.

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

Oh! A super-intelligent dittohead!  Is this one of those oxymorons like “military intelligence” and “making war for peace”?

Careful, there, super-warrior, you’re getting spittle all over that computer screen.

Hope you don’t have a dog or a wife you can beat, handy.

Again, this case proves the LIE that you yahoos are qualified or competent to carry a handgun in public.  The fact that you must is proof of your irrational fear.  Your frantic diatribe about “liberals” is simply supporting evidence.

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Randall Baughman - 16 February 2014 11:38 AM

It proves the LIE that these yahoos are qualified or competent to carry a gun in public.  That’s all

Of COURSE, you don’t want to see yourself as a coward afraid of your fellow Kansans.  How could you possibly rectify that with your delusional image of a sterling warrior looking out for your fellow Kansans?

You need to cease and desist with the stupidity Randall. I have already stipulated that one day of qualifying to Kansas standards does not really qualify everyone. Take it up in Topeka. It is still a reasonable standard for most. Are you saying they need police training? Get over it.

Is Michael afraid of his fellow Kansans by keeping guns at home? For “protection?”  From whom, if Kansans are so law abiding. You sound foolish and wildly irrational.

And to further show how ridiculous your wild your insane accusations are about me, I carried a concealed gun in public ONCE, and only once, to see how much the weight would be irritating. I haven’t carried a weapon since, not even once in almost a year. Still think I have an “irrational fear,” you pathetic figure?

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

I need to cease and desist? 

Whaddaya gonna do?  Shoot me?

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

So, are you the Rick Kramer who used to own a capital investments firm in Manhattan, and now lives in Shawnee?
If you are, then that is fine.

The reason that a lot of us question you is because you sound a lot like an old poster here, AND that you, like him, are secretive about your identity. Are you “Bob”?....are you Rick Kramer?

If you are real, then I will respect your opinions, even though I might disagree. If you are just a troll, then go away.

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Like many liberals you feel the need to open that alligator yap when you have no idea what reality is.

Reagan was right…Liberals aren’t ignorant, they just “know” so much that isn’t so.

You believe media propaganda in an instant but have a very difficult time recognizing truth even when it bites you in the nose.

Pull your head out into the sunshine.

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Randall Baughman - 16 February 2014 12:22 PM

I need to cease and desist? 

Whaddaya gonna do?  Shoot me?

You need to get control of that inner child Randall. I know you have that irrational fear, but it is not reality. Go check under your bed before you go to bed. There are no CCL holders there, I promise.

Posted: 16 February 2014 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

Oh, yes, pulllease, super-warrior.

Tell me about reality.  But, put down your pistol first.

You know, what, dittohead? I can go to the park without a pistol, even though I know there are hundreds of frightened yahoos carrying just like you out there.  I refuse to join you in your delusion that Kansas is a dangerous place.  Sorry.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.