1 2 > 
1 of 2
Final Presidential Debate
Posted: 22 October 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-11-24

How’s your candidate doing? Discuss it here!

Signature 

Serving your need to know…
http://www.themercury.com

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Romney waaayy out of his league re foreign affairs.  Probably his weakest field.  The past two debates, Romney has looked disheveled… angry.  But, I still don’t think the debates hold much value other than giving pundits something to talk about… and newspaper columnists something to write.

Posted: 23 October 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2011-07-25

did not watch.  but pundits seem to disagree with you, larry.  if anything, a split decision.  which was all romney needed.  it looks like he may win this race after all.  and i’ll have to eat some jayhawk (crow).

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Most are suggesting this will go down to the last minute.  Supposedly, “The Donald” has some earth shattering announcement tomorrow that will turn the tide for Romney.  Wow!  Can’t wait.  :>)

The pundits love it!  Keep it close so everyone will be tuned to their telecasts until the wee hours on election day.  Trouble is, if it’s that close, a large segment of the Country won’t be satisfied that the election was fair and honest.  There will be charges of voter fraud from whichever side is on the short end.  Is it possible to see another election decided by the SCOTUS????

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

just the opposite, methinks.  fl and oh go romney, it’s over very early.

Posted: 23 October 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2011-07-27

What pundits thought it was an even debate?  Romney changed virtually ever position he’s ever taken to match the President’s.  This is the Big Lie election.  If Romney pulls this off, the country is in sad shape.

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

romney tried to be presidential, rather than boorish, petchulent and condescending like the current president.  he accomplished his goal and i suspect will win the white house, thankfully.

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

So, I guess you are the pundit who thought Romney won.  And you didn’t even watch it.  Do you form your own opinions, or, does somebody tell you what to think?

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

i watch the post debate chats.  i find the debate formats nauseating, particularly the town hall.  it makes the candidates into something akin to actors.  that doesn’t serve the public purpose.  i can do without the dramatics.

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

You still give no answer about which pundits thought Romney won the final debate.  And, you arrive at conclusions based on what somebody else says happened.  I watched a number of the post-debate “chats”, and the only ones who thought Romney bested the President were on Fox and CNN both of which carry water for Romney.  Stewart said it best.  Romney will lead from right behind the President.  He changed his position on Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq to be in line with Obama.  Either he lied Monday night about his positions, or, he’s been lying during the last 7 years.  Lying should not be thought of as presidential.

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

cbs news

supporters of the president shouldn’t accuse others of lying.

Fourteen hours after the attack, President Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of “60 Minutes” for a previously scheduled interview and said he did not believe it was simply due to mob violence.

“You’re right that this is not a situation that was—exactly the same as what happened in Egypt and my suspicion is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start,” Mr. Obama said.

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

Where’s the lie in what Obama said?  Find a statement by Obama saying it was definitely the result of “mob violence”.  Supporters of the President can call a lie a lie when it is.  Still no answer on which pundit tells you what to think.

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

From the link you provided:
“Mitt Romney started the push to the picayune. He reacted prematurely after the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, asserting that a press release from the U.S. embassy in Cairo had been a drastic sign of U.S. weakness. The instinct to condemn the whole of U.S. foreign policy based on a one-paragraph statement is what you want to do as a politician. But it is the opposite of what the statesman wishes to project. Doing so, especially during a crisis, is a warning to voters, a suggestion that this person is not serious. In matters of foreign policy, a person playing the small game often doesn’t appear to have the prudence, wisdom, and judgment that the job requires.

That was Barack Obama’s argument against Mitt Romney. Presidents don’t rush in to score political points in a crisis. That’s a style point, and style is part of diplomacy. But prudence is also a part of foreign policy. Perhaps the prudent political thing was to move quickly to hurt Obama, but the prudent move of a statesman is to think and consider. Presidents know that initial reports are almost always wrong. “

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

like the debates, i see no need to be calling people liars.  and pundits don’t tell me what to think.  i use them to make an assessment.  krauthammer said romney won on tactics and strategy.  he’s the only pundit who really matters to me.  he’s conservative and smart.  i value his opines.

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-07-27

You see no need to be calling people liars because that’s what your man does continuously.  I thought Krauthammer might be your mentor.  What did he say about Romney taking the positions of Obama on a timetable for withdrawal from Afghanistan, or the needlessness of going to war in Iraq, or on the use of drones, or on the use of economic sanctions and diplomatic means against Iran to halt their nuclear program?  I’ll answer that one for you.  Krauthammer said nothing since he has criticized those positions since day one.  As did his candidate Romney (until the debate of course when those are the things he now says he’ll do).

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-25

that being the case, i would think you’d be pleased.

1 2 > 
1 of 2

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.