< 1 2 3
3 of 3
Bang!  Bang!  You’re dead!!!!
Posted: 11 February 2014 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  530
Joined  2014-02-09
Randall Baughman - 11 February 2014 11:17 PM

Oh, yes.  You’re right.  It’s a jungle out der in Kansas.  Evil evawhar!  Who WOULDN’T be frightened, right?

Again, try to be rational Randall. You lapse into hyperbole and it weakens your assertions. Try to keep it real. Sorry, I never said anything remotely resembling your attempt at exaggeration and sarcasm. Focus on a dictionary definition of facts.

Posted: 11 February 2014 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Randall, It would help if you addressed my actual concerns….answer my questions in a straight adult manner. You keep avoiding serious answers that could advance the discussion. As it is, the casual reader, if open minded, would have a real problem taking you seriously. Stick to FACTS.

Posted: 11 February 2014 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

BTW, it was a 16 year old and an accomplice who used a flashlight or two to murder that 88 year old vet in Seattle. The beating was horrific. Would you say he experienced irrational fear that night? Or rational fear? I am guessing he had some kind of fear.  Is Seattle less safe than Kansas? Your observations, with all due respect, are simply absurd.

Posted: 11 February 2014 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  716
Joined  2013-07-13

You have no concerns, Rick, except to nurture and protect the delusion that you need a gun to go out safely in public.  I have no doubt that you’ll defend that one til the cows come home.

Posted: 13 February 2014 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

The real issue here to me is not about wackos carrying guns wherever they want, or whether or not this poses a dangerous threat. It may and it may not.
Here’s my problem; The state of Kansas has told the federal government that it will not abide by federal gun laws. Then it tells municipalities that it won’t tolerate them having special requirements. So, I guess that means that Topeka is the center of all power, not obliging to federal law (this is happening in other areas as well) and is telling the cities and counties what they can and cannot do as well. The new nation of Brownbackistan.

Posted: 13 February 2014 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

MIchael, as I have indicated in another thread, the Nation of Brownbackistan IS where we live.  Brownie’s legislature is now going to override the State Board of Education and outlaw Common Core Competency Testing in our schools.  Why?  Because the testing references the Theory of Evolution.  This new legislation will make it a crime for teachers to teach evolution in the classroom.  In Brownbackistan, keep the kids dumb.  The State will spend tons of dollars defending an unconstitutional discrimination law recently passed.  Brownbackistan is becoming the laughing stock of the U.S.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-10-10

Larry, I think you mean “NOW going to override” instead of “not,” unless there’s some good news I haven’t heard yet.

The gun legislation proposal, the CCCT fiasco and this new anti-gay state legislation designed to deliberately segregate LGBTI people, Jim Crow style, from heteros are all so un-Constitutional it’s not even funny. Yet Kansas is doing it, which will end up not only being an enormous attack on human rights, but will make the state look even worse than we already do, chip away any political clout Kansas reps and senators might have (look at Chris Christie or Scott Walker and their governorships if you don’t think that’s an important factor) AND our state will end up spending millions to defend ourselves in the eventual court cases that wind up in front of SCOTUS. Yeah, good use of time and money and political capital here.

Posted: 13 February 2014 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  716
Joined  2013-07-13

Michael, you’re correct in your objection to the new laws in question I know from some small-town city managers that they deal with irrational people over the most mundane things you can imagine. This law will force them to hire an armed guard or carry themselves. It’s a recipe for insanity

Posted: 14 February 2014 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Fixed it, Stacia.  Thanks!  Sometimes these old fingers type differently than the old mind thinks.  And… I don’t that the time to properly proofread… sorta “Mercury like”.

< 1 2 3
3 of 3

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.