Better than Pay-Per-View!!!!
Posted: 29 October 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

This afternoon’s City Commission Work Session pits two monsters of the ring against each other.  Typically, events like this would cost a fortune to watch.  Instead, this event can be seen live at 5 p.m.  The bout WILL crown a winner.  Someone WILL go home with the Gold Belt. 

Will the reigning champion of the Shadow Government… Chamber/CVB… continue their abilty to defeat common sense and fiscal responsibilty to taxpayers?
Will only two City Commission members show up from their team of five?  Will the other three Commissioners wave the banner for the other team?
Will CVB personnel threaten to jump on Commissioners like they jump on hotel beds in their recent video??
Will the Commission… supposedly representative of the Manhattan Community… continue to drool and go gah gah over a local entity that spends thousands of tax dollars taking elected officials, appointed officials, business leaders, and all their families to Kansas City for the annual “Let’s Take Manhattan to the Cleaners” event?

This event could see sharp tongues used as weapons.  Tempers may flare.  Place your bets.  Personally, I’d have to bet on the Chamber/CVB continuing their ability to make the City Commission cower in fear.  Tune in….......

Posted: 29 October 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
I would expect all of the parties to be reasonable and civil, as befits their offices.
Their decisions will be based upon careful consideration of facts, and thoughtful consideration of the ramifications of their actions.
None will be beholding to special interests other than those of their constituents…the ones who elected them…
Excuse me now, I have to go take another dose of LSD. It helps me to understand.

Posted: 31 October 2013 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Twas a quite interesting meeting.  The main topic that seemed to be on the mind of the Commissioners was the CVB’s gift to the Fieldhouse project study.  Sounds like that was quite a “unique” arrangement.  The Commission is wanting the CVB Steering Committee back reporting to them, not the Chamber.  If everything said in Tueday night’s meeting was true, it’s long past due!!!!!  I don’t especially like the idea of one commissioner… one who leans right of Limbaugh… to appoint all 10 members to the Steering Committee.  I feel the first Steering Committee should be a joint effort with equal input of ALL five commissioners.  But, with the gerrymandering we see going on with the SSAB, I highly doubt Matta will relinquish the opportunity to load another advisory board with members of the Flint Hills Tea Party.

I fully anticipated the questioning of the CVB by Wynn.  OTOH, I was pleased and surprised with the questions asked by Usha.  She seemed to have done some homework and stayed on task.  Karen, and I believe Rich when he returns, will remain in the Chamber’s corner.  Just had no idea of what appears to be some impropriety, until Frank let something slip and Brad came right out and ‘splained it.

Pretty good meeting.  Now, if something just happens…........

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.