An hilarious commercial
Posted: 23 October 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I was listening to the radio this morning. My general station of choice is 98.5, but they do have, arguably, the stupidest commercials I have ever heard.
Anyway, this one was from a dental place in Salina, which annually buys back candy from young trick or treaters at $2 per pound, presumably to protect their teeth. They give the kid a dollar and the other dollar goes to the kid’s school.
Now, here is the funny part…They brag that they will send all the purchased candy to the military folks overseas…so, this stuff which is so bad for kids is just fine for the military?

Posted: 25 October 2013 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  714
Joined  2013-07-13

Yes.  Support the Troops!  Have their filings and root canals done by the best dentist an army paycheck can buy!

Posted: 25 October 2013 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I suspect this dental place knows they will never get military business, so who cares if they get cavities?  by the way, as long as you brush your teeth, candy doesn’t do a damned thing to harm you…or your teeth. I don’t eat candy much, but I do confess to an occasional Payday, and peanut M&Ms;....maybe some Red Hots from time to time. Chocolate is one vice I don’t have…and gambling…never cared for either.

Posted: 26 October 2013 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

At this age, Michael, the “vices” are few and far between.  I can only claim two….  1.)  Coffee.  Must have my coffee every morning and evening.  Dark roasts.  Strong.  Won’t touch that decaf stuff.  Can drink two cups of extra strong coffee around 8 p.m. and still sleep like a baby.  2.)  Hot and spicey foods.  Jalepenos… Habeneros… even the infamour Ghost peppers.  Bring it on.  The old stomach can’t take Advil and not be upset.  I can douse food with hot sauces that would burn the hair right off one of your cat’s backs and never bat an eye.

Candy and sweets, not so much.  As far as sending candy overseas, I’m all for it.  Something different… something from home…. something that tells our military we still appreciate them… Go for it!!!!

Posted: 26 October 2013 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
I still keep a number of them (vices) including spicy foods, but now with a chaser of three acid reducers. I am not that fond of coffee, but, I buy a cup every winter morning because I like the idea of it and the comfort of holding it in my hand while I drive. I usually only take a couple of sips and discard the rest when it turns lukewarm. Sort of a waste of money. I never touch it in warm weather or after 7AM.
The military folks don’t need more candy. Ship’s stores are chock full of it and some worse junk food. Ditto for the army Pxs…they live on that stuff.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.