Ned…an explanation please
Posted: 10 October 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Why is your new executive editor writing Sunday, Moser, and that other woman, fluff pieces on the front page? Maybe you can assign him a food column?
Or he could check out some small cafe in Nowhere, Kansas. I just wonder why this sort of chatty tripe is on the front page. Oh, and, Steve…were you really pals with Lewis? I knew him through a publisher…a delightful man. Had a few drinks with him and the publisher…only time I met him so I wouldn’t call him a pal exactly. He was funny. He had heart disease and died way too young.
If you were really “best pals”, then you are a lucky man. If you never met him, then I don’t want to hear any more of this Forrest Gump BS….move that column off the front page…just my opinion, of course, but trivial opinion pieces belong in another section , generally in a Sunday edition, and not on the front page, daily.  That page should be reserved for NEWS…You have heard of NEWS, haven’t you?
It is stuff that is happening on a daily basis…Having taught journalism, I could recommend a few books on the subject, if you are interested in NEWS.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.