5 of 8
When do we put the lid on Westar?
Posted: 14 February 2014 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2014-02-09
Larry Williams - 13 February 2014 07:09 PM

http://www.wunderground.com/resources/climate/928.asp
Towards the bottom of this linked page, there is a list of global scientific organizations who agree that climate change is an issue.  Are all the listed organizations politically motivated to publicize incorrect consensus?

The answer is yes, in a word, to your question. You can believe otherwise, but yes. What Hal Lewis experienced in the APS had hundreds of concurrences online from members of other scientific groups. In general, the rank and file members were unaware that their group was taking these positions. These official positions and group leadership can’t be shamed into retracting this hokum even in the face of overwhelming observed science refuting their contentions. Billions of dollars speak real loudly, as Hal Lewis noted.

Posted: 14 February 2014 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Larry Williams - 13 February 2014 07:09 PM

http://www.wunderground.com/resources/climate/928.asp
Towards the bottom of this linked page, there is a list of global scientific organizations who agree that climate change is an issue.  Are all the listed organizations politically motivated to publicize incorrect consensus?

Larry,
The “consensus” in the link above came from the Doran/Zimmerman study at the Univ of Illinois. It was the first attempt by the zealots to create the illusion that there was an overwhelming consensus among scientists. (the first of the 97% number). Zimmerman was a grad student who did the legwork. Doran was her prof sponsor. The methodology in this study was later ridiculed and debunked in the scientific community. I think I can find the evisceration of the validity of this paper but I doubt you would bother to read it.

You don’t want facts interfering with your closed mindset.

Posted: 14 February 2014 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Doran/Zimmerman have been debunked in numerous scientific circles. Their methodology was a flawed joke. Here is just one of many eviscerations:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/10/an-oopsie-in-the-doranzimmerman-97-consensus-claim/

Posted: 14 February 2014 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

In 1974, TIME magazine reported on the “consensus"of the scientific community that manmade CO2 was creating a coming ice age. The cover of the mag warned of the coming ice age and how those evil humans were causing it.  Global mean temps showed definite cooling. As part of the evidence, they said how the huge polar vortex the previous winter brought stinging cold to North America.

Sound familiar? Fast forward to 2014.

TIME magazine reports that manmade CO2 is causing Global Warming and one of the manifestations of GW is the terrible cold of the polar vortex (this coming from the president’s “science” advisor.)

You can’t make this stuff up folks.

In 1988, James Hansen, the “scientist” at NASA, warned the world that GW would cause the seas to rise and that NY city would be “Under three feet of water by 2010.”

Somehow I never heard that in the news as 2010 came and went. Maybe one foot of water? Nah.

In Dec 2008 Al Gore warned that the melting in the Arctic was “unprecedented” and that it would be completely “ice free” in 5 years. Uhhhh…..wrong again Al. The Arctic is close to normal levels of ice. The Antarctic is at record levels of ice since the satellite era began. A large group of “scientists” went down south to “prove” the ice was really melting there. In a wonderful display of punishing such hubris, Mother Nature stuck their ship in massive ice as well as their rescue ship. They had to be rescued by helicopter.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Posted: 14 February 2014 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

I have lots more substance Stacia. Let me know when it starts to feel like taking a drink from a fire hose.

Posted: 14 February 2014 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Larry,
Your link from NASA is full of propaganda, including the 97% nonsense, rising sea in the Maldives, temperature manipulations (James Hansen who runs one of two main global temperature data sets in the US, was caught manipulating the dataset to make it look like the earth was warming more than it was…not once, but twice) Hansen and his buddies at the CRU/EA the climate research unit East Anglia University (who run another global temp dataset) were caught in a scandal called Climategate when their emails were hacked. Pure fraud at work. Read again what Hal Lewis said when he referenced it in his letter

2009 paper confirming IPCC sea level conclusions withdrawn, mistakes cited

Despite popular opinion and calls to action, the Maldives are not being overrun by sea level rise

The two lines above are two article headlines. I could bore you with the details but the headlines say it all.

Posted: 14 February 2014 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

You know ,Ricky…Hal lewis was a very old man when he started his ravings…old men get confused sometimes…like, say…fat men.
Oh, I just needed to ask you a question…Is Capital Management the same as entrepreneurship?  I thought you might be able to help my poor ignorant self on this tidbit.

Posted: 14 February 2014 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Michael,
Hal Lewis was still alert, perceptive, and knowledgeable up to the day he died. What is your excuse for falling far short of those adjectives? Do you feel better denigrating those who don’t share your pie-in-the-sky worldview? Are they all nutcakes? Is your self-esteem so warped you feel the need to cast aspersions on others who disagree with you?

Your 97.1% link was, in reality, LESS THAN 1% when reviewed by adults. It was a feeble attempt to con the world again that there was strong consensus among scientists when in reality, there is NOT.

The whole premise of mankind being the cause of dangerous warming is getting shot so full of holes it looks like Swiss cheese. A classic failed hypothesis. The real zealots persist though because the money is huge and they all don’t want the gravy train to end. We have people in government who want to get in on the gravy train.

My favorite quote from an arrogant modeler when confronted with the reality that the earth was not warming like his model predicted, not even close, was this gem:

“My math is correct dammit. The earth must be wrong!”  What hubris.

Hal Lewis nailed it….pseudoscientific fraud. He details it in his letter. Pretty lucid for an old man.

Posted: 14 February 2014 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

97% of CAGW computer modelers have reached a consensus! Observed real world temperatures over the last 17 years cannot be correct!

You heard it here first folks.

Posted: 14 February 2014 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

A well known proponent of CAGW, Dr Ben Santer, proclaimed several years ago that his statistical computations determined that the pause in warming would have to go on for 17 years for the CAGW hypothesis to be considered a failure. He was confident the pause would not go that long. What do we do now folks? We have hit 17 years and it goes on much longer if not for the ENSO experienced in 1998. I doubt if Michael or Larry know what an ENSO is…..hint: El Nino/Southern Oscillation. They cause a spike in temperatures but there is no evidence the ocean phenomenon is related to CO2 at all.

Many scientists think that heating/cooling cycles of the earth are related primarily to the sun…imagine that. What a crazy notion that the sun is related to heat on earth. Sunspot activity has periods of heightened activity and quiet activity…in long cycles. Guess what? The sun has gone into a low sunspot phase….we could be in for a long period of cooling starting again.
Only the super zealots will find some way to blame mankind for that….it is inconvenient.

Posted: 14 February 2014 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

And again, Michael….Hal Lewis isn’t, or wasn’t, confused….but you sure are. You don’t have the faintest clue what you are talking about.

Posted: 14 February 2014 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, folks
Heeees’ baaack. Nice to see you again CS. You didn’t ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Posted: 14 February 2014 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09

Actually, my last post answered your question too…..

Posted: 14 February 2014 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Sorta neat that the old CS has reappeared. He’s one of the few I’ve met, in my almost 70 years on God’s Green Earth, that is 100% correct… 100% of the time.  There’s no discussion, debate, or argument.  He has access to ALL the true documents… all the true facts… and anything but what he wants to preach is gibberish.

Yep… Every study and every consensus from scientists, meterologists, etc. are hogwash, unless they agree with the ultra right wing agenda.  I’ve so much to learn.  Now, I have that opportunity as we are blessed to be taught by a master.

Posted: 14 February 2014 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

That’s the thing about the dittoheads and Beckistanis.  THEY, you see, haven’t been brainwashed by media.  No matter how many hours they spent gobbling and troweling that stuff into their empty knots.

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
5 of 8

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.