< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 8
When do we put the lid on Westar?
Posted: 13 February 2014 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  536
Joined  2014-02-09

I would assume if you are so sure of your GW beliefs that you would make sure of the facts and not just because you read it in the NYT or saw it on NBC news, or MSNBC, or CNN or other left-leaning sources. Fox News is right leaning but I check out what they say too (actually even people like Bill OReilly believe the GW fairy tale…the propaganda has been very effective)

Posted: 13 February 2014 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Michael Hadley - 13 February 2014 07:21 PM

Larry,
No point in playing this game, because opponents believe that all scientists are wrong, so quoting them has no effect on opinion…ditto for evolution. Rick’s argument that scientists believed that the earth was flat is fallacious. Science is far more advanced now than then, so it is not analogous.
Scientific sudies are irrelevant to people who hold these opinions which is why I will not waste my time citing studies that challenge their notions. Any fool with a twenty year old computer can find them in seconds and they all say the same thing…except for a few quacks, scientists agree that climate change is a fact.

A perfect example of ignorance at work…..please don’t confuse this man with verifiable facts. Michael, it would seem that you have no intention of pulling your head out of the sand. This isn’t a game Michael….it is pseudoscientific fraud that is fleecing tax dollars from millions of people around the world.

And there are 30,000 or more Hal Lewis’s out there….he is not a lone “nutcake” as you tried to imply. You need to get it out of your head that “all scientists” believe what you believe. That is part of the propaganda, and they found a good target in you.

Frankly, Michael, I think you know very little about GW, and it is only what propagandists have told you to believe.

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

So, now I am an “ignorant liberal”? So glad you stay above personal attacks.
Your weatherman blog which has been denounced by most of the scientific community..he is a weatherman for chrissakes… as being a “highly politicized” view without “credible evidence”, is hardly proof of your position. The fact that you spend a lot of time reading this blog, says multitudes. The people you cite are not in the mainstream of scientific thought. They are what we call, in scientific terms, of course…NUTCAKES.

I have a real problem with people who claim to be right and call others ignorant if they disagree. I don’t like it at all, and you will hear how much I don’t like it if you keep it up. I believe I have been civil up to this point. I have not called you ignorant or stupid. I have been merely debating the position that you take on this issue.
Let’s assume you are right and 50% agree and 50% don’t. Is that a reason to call one or the other ignorant?

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
Does this guy remind you of someone who used to post on these forums using the moniker “CS”...calling everyone who disagreed with him stupid and ignorant?....Just a passing thought.

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Michael Hadley - 13 February 2014 08:02 PM

So, now I am an “ignorant liberal”? So glad you stay above personal attacks.
Your weatherman blog which has been denounced by most of the scientific community..he is a weatherman for chrissakes… as being a “highly politicized” view without “credible evidence”, is hardly proof of your position. The fact that you spend a lot of time reading this blog, says multitudes. The people you cite are not in the mainstream of scientific thought. They are what we call, in scientific terms, of course…NUTCAKES.

I have a real problem with people who claim to be right and call others ignorant if they disagree. I don’t like it at all, and you will hear how much I don’t like it if you keep it up. I believe I have been civil up to this point. I have not called you ignorant or stupid. I have been merely debating the position that you take on this issue.
Let’s assume you are right and 50% agree and 50% don’t. Is that a reason to call one or the other ignorant?

Actually, you distort what I said, again. I said I assumed you would ID yourself as a liberal, and I never said “ignorant liberal” with those words together…but neither of which are a personal attack. So far you are ahead on that score with nutcake and then trying to demean Watts as a mere weatherman. If you ever bothered to read the blog, you would find that he writes few of the articles and many come from some of the most respected scientists in the world. The only"scientific community” that have denounced him is a handful of climate “scientists” that were exposed for faulty science….and handful is accurate. If the site did not have in-depth articles from brilliant people all over the world, it would not be as popular as it is, winning many science awards. You’ll have to do better than make personal attacks on the blogger. I would bet you have NEVER read it in any detail. It’s like the liberals who make up all kinds of things about Fox News but when I ask them to explain Fox’ position on a topic, they claim they “never watch it.” Translation: they read some far out left wing blog and then believe the propaganda. This, of course, anoints them as an expert on Fox News.
I spend a lot of time reading SkepticalScience too Michael, which, despite its name, is the leading alarmist site run by a John Cook in Australia. Actually, he is less qualified than Watts, but it is the sum total of the sites that matter. So save your ridiculous pontificating about it says “multitudes”

How about Dr Richard Lindzen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the nation’s foremost climate scientist? Is he not in the mainstream? Is he a nutcake too? I doubt if you could even name 5 CAGW scientists who are proponents. Can you give me five of those so-called experts you seem to cherish?  Dr John Christy who runs the most accurate global temperature gatherers in the world….US satellites? He is a skeptic on GW. Is he a nutcake too? Dr William Happer at Princeton….is he a nutcake too? Dr Gray at Colorado State….is he a nutcake too?

I can add at least 15 more prominent US scientists….and that is just US scientists. Russian scientists are pretty unanimous…they think CAGW is poppycock, but probably in more scientific terms.

One thing for sure…the science is DEFINITELY NOT settled Michael, no matter what you think. You should try exploring the subject.

I can see you feverishly looking up these names on your far left blogs seeing what dirt you can dig up….it’s amusing me.

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

“only what propagandists have told you to believe”????? That is hilarious coming from you…hahaha….Nutcakes are experts, weathermen are experts and scientists are propagandists? hahahahahahahaha

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Michael Hadley - 13 February 2014 08:16 PM

Larry,
Does this guy remind you of someone who used to post on these forums using the moniker “CS”...calling everyone who disagreed with him stupid and ignorant?....Just a passing thought.

Try sticking to the facts Michael…..diversions to squirm away won’t cut it. I have not called you stupid, not once, but there are entire encyclopedias of facts that you are totally unaware of…

OTOH YOU HAVE made personal attacks. Try answering my questions as a starter…

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I am neither a liberal, nor a conservative. I think it is fair to say, I don’t give a shit….as most of my friends will confirm. I don’t really care about GW…I just wish it would hurry up and get here. I am not quoting you any more studies because you ignore them unless Rush says they are good. Not wasting my time with you…call me all the names you like…I don’t care.

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Michael Hadley - 13 February 2014 08:44 PM

“only what propagandists have told you to believe”????? That is hilarious coming from you…hahaha….Nutcakes are experts, weathermen are experts and scientists are propagandists? hahahahahahahaha

Note to the casual reader: This is what a losing argument resorts to. They know that cannot convince on facts, so this is what they resort to. Note that they have not answered one serious question because they know they are ignorant and are afraid of having their ignorance exposed.

Are the scientists I listed all nutcakes too, Michael?

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Please show me where I have attacked you personally…soon you will be able to do that.
I just have to ask…are you simply a right wing nutcake or a troll? I am thinking the latter. You don’t want a discussion, you just want to pontificate. Well, go ahead…at least we have some activity on this dead board…hahaha
By the way, there are few casual readers of this forum. Empty microphone, friend.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Michael Hadley - 13 February 2014 08:51 PM

I am neither a liberal, nor a conservative. I think it is fair to say, I don’t give a shit….as most of my friends will confirm. I don’t really care about GW…I just wish it would hurry up and get here. I am not quoting you any more studies because you ignore them unless Rush says they are good. Not wasting my time with you…call me all the names you like…I don’t care.

More poor argument techniques Michael.  Sorry, I rarely listen to Rush because I don’t listen to radio. When I do hear him, it is literally about 5 minutes worth when going somewhere to lunch in a friend’s car around the lunch hour.

I think the casual reader can assume from this that you know little to nothing about GW, cannot produce so much as one scientific study to support your contention, nevermind the laughable statement that you aren’t quoting any more studies, and now pretty much admit the propaganda was effective on you.

Apparently you also don’t care that a bunch of politicians steal money from you either.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-02-09
Michael Hadley - 13 February 2014 08:56 PM

Please show me where I have attacked you personally…soon you will be able to do that.
I just have to ask…are you simply a right wing nutcake or a troll? I am thinking the latter. You don’t want a discussion, you just want to pontificate. Well, go ahead…at least we have some activity on this dead board…hahaha
By the way, there are few casual readers of this forum. Empty microphone, friend.

Michael, I am not the one making personal attacks. YOU are. I am not the one avoiding a discussion. YOU are. Any clear headed reader can easily see that YOU are the one avoiding discussion. You are the one pontificating with broad propagandist generalities. I am ready to discuss detail and facts. You keep using avoidance techniques and personally attacking the first names out of the chute. If it makes you feel better to call me a right wing nutcake or a troll, have at it. Doesn’t bother me because you just look more and more foolish.

Just one reader is enough to satisfy me….there might be more now that someone is challenging the nonsense in these threads.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10
Rick Kramer - 13 February 2014 08:46 PM

Try sticking to the facts Michael…..diversions to squirm away won’t cut it. I have not called you stupid, not once, but there are entire encyclopedias of facts that you are totally unaware of…

OTOH YOU HAVE made personal attacks. Try answering my questions as a starter…

Rick, are you ever going to say anything of substance? It’s been a week or two of you sounding like a mentally deficient parrot, saying the same things over and over again: “You don’t have facts! You don’t answer my questions! You’re just being emotional!”

Why anyone even replies to you is a mystery. You’re not here to discuss, just distract.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Why do you want me wasting my time posting studies that are already accepted in the scientific community? I gave you a major one and YOU did not respond. You said that there were no peer reviewed studies. I showed you that there were…YOU did not respond. Now, I am not as obsessed with this issue as are YOU, and I am trying to remain civil after your assertions that I am ignorant. This will be the last civil correspondence that we have. From now on, I will be calling you a Neanderthal idiot, and maybe a dumbshit…and I have worse descriptions that I might employ should I get aggravated…and I am getting very close. I tried to have an intelligent conversation with you and you called me names…..I do not want to talk to you anymore.

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Stacia,
I think we know what he is…ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!! When you do, he ignores the answers and repeats himself…ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. I think he is probably just a troll who dropped in. I apologize for even responding to him. I should have known better.
He sure does sound a lot like CS, doesn’t he?

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 8

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.