Big 12 playing some very ugly football
Posted: 13 September 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-10-28

Two weeks in and there are two teams firing on all cylinders, I will call the (current) Contenders; Oklahoma State and Baylor.

Then There are a group of Teams that should be showing signs of life sometime this year, but we’re not sure if and when.  I will call these the (current) Pretenders:  K State, Oklahoma, Texas. Texas Tech and TCU

Then there are those who I will just call the Cellar Dwellers; Iowa State, West Virginia and KU.

In the past week I have seen Texas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Texas Tech and TCU play some of the worst football I have ever seen played in the Big 12.

The long and the short of it, is I think K State has the ability to beat Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, West Virginia, KU and ISU.  The Big question is will the Offensive Coordinator(s) have their heads out of the sand and actually get the job done.

I haven’t seen anything to indicate K State will have a chance against Oklahoma State and Baylor, but you never know.

While K State’s coaches getting beat by NDSU’s coaches is bad, suddenly given the BYU v Texas outcome, the OU v WVU outcome and the pathetic show put on by Texas Tech and TCU , the loss to a strong NDSU team doesn’t look so bad (at least for competing for a conference championship)

With all that talent, you’d think it would be a no brainer to come up with an offense with Jake Waters under Center, John Hubert at Half Back, Daniel Sams at Tail Back, Gronkowski at Full Back and you would have one hell of an option offense. 

Whatever the case, there is no question there is enough talent and skill on K States offense to match Oklahoma State and Baylor’s offensive output (sometime before the first snow).  WAY TOO EARLY to tell about the defense.

‹‹ How about them Cats...      NOT FAIR! ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.