I see they are gutting Ballards
Posted: 02 September 2013 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I wonder what will go in there….hmmmm
OK, I’ll take a wild guess….a bar.  I know I am going out on a limb here.

Posted: 03 September 2013 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

A bar in Aggieville?  Ya gotta be kidding!!  About all that’s left there.  Evidently, that’s how today’s generation prepares themselves for the business world… drink, puke, study.  If you listen to some of the doomsday crowd, the economy is so bad that students can’t stay in college.  Yet, there never seems to be a shortage of funds to spend on alcohol.  But, when the City fathers applaud drunkfests like Faux Pattys Day…..

Posted: 03 September 2013 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

One would think there would be a saturation point where there are too many bars, but, I guess that is not the case in Aggieville.
It has been my experience that younger folks like to move about. Give me a good comfortable seat in a nice bar and I will stay put, but not them.  I think they are afraid they might be missing something at another place.  Youts are very adventurous.
Speaking of youts, I almost ran over one this morning.  He was pedaling the wrong way past Varneys. In all fairness, the cyclists are taking the natural route to campus.  Their other main option is to go to Bluemont which is hazardous enough under normal conditions, so they go down Moro the wrong way and then turn left at Varneys…also the wrong way.

Posted: 03 September 2013 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2011-07-25

If a cyclist is going the wrong way on Moro, wouldn’t the cyclist have to turn right in front of Varney’s to go the wrong way?

Posted: 03 September 2013 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I stand corrected.  I was thinking of my left.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.