This was BSE day for me
Posted: 26 August 2013 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

The “E” is for errands…the “BS” is not hard to figure out. These occur about every two weeks and involve me having to be in Manhattan past nine o’clock in the morning.  I don’t like to be in Manhattan after seven or so. The sun blinds me and the traffic is terrible, and the stores are packed with people.  Today was really bad because it was the first day of classes. However, the liquor cabinet was getting low, and I had to pay some insurance, so, there I was.  I am eagerly anticipating the day when the grocery stores can sell liquor, as in most civilized states. It will be much cheaper and I can combine it with grocery shopping at six in the morning. I am not optimistic.  This proposal is opposed by an unholy alliance of bible thumping conservatives and liquor store owners, the former because it would destroy the morality of our children who would see the liquor while grocery shopping with mommy, the latter because it will destroy them. My only hope is that Kroger, Wal Mart and HyVee have enough financial clout to push this through.
Of course, Brownback would veto, not realizing that he could get his communion wine much cheaper…or, maybe the Catholics just take water and change it…I really don’t know. It is odd though, that my uncle married a Catholic and she made him drink…at least according to my grandmother.  A poor sailor victimized by a Catholic. He died at age 43 of Gin…I hope she is ashamed of herself…well she’s dead now too so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Posted: 27 August 2013 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10

Even if grocery stores can carry liquor, the chances of them being allowed to sell it at 6 AM are pretty slim. Isn’t it 9 AM now?

Posted: 28 August 2013 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Hadley… with your love of cats, why don’t you start your own liquor store and cathouse in Hooterville??  Early morning errands to the big City would no longer be necessary.  Call it “Hadley’s Hooch and Hotties”!!!!!!!

Posted: 30 August 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Stacia,
Last time I was in Missouri…Springfield about two years ago…you could buy it at 6AM.  If I recall correctly there are a few hours in the middle of the night that you can’t purchase it. However, you are probably right that Kansas won’t go for that

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.