Million Dollar Wedding
Posted: 02 August 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Over 1,000 guests.  2,000 invites sent out.  (That’s 900 who said, “No thanks!”)  A million bucks for the privilege of having the most lavish wedding money can buy.  And, what’s the average length of a marriage today?

If you’ve got the money to buy a wedding that gets you on the front page of a small-town newspaper… If you’ve got the money to shower yourself with and show 1,000 people you are “royalty”... If you’ve got the money to buy influence… Why not????  Certainly, we wouldn’t want a young couple today to have to get by with a “ghetto” wedding that would only cost a couple hundred grand. 

The WIBW report says the “blusihing bride” is a school teacher.  Sure sets a great example for kids that it’s okay to spend more than the combined annual salaries of the parents of her entire class on a wedding.  Nothing says “I do” better than wheelbarrows full of money. 

Posted: 02 August 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

New money or old?  I’m afraid I left town before the paper came out.  Hope the hell it isn’t some “special” Commerce member riding a sweetheart loan or tax giveaway courtesy of our generous simpletons in the highbacks.

Posted: 04 August 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

By the way Larry,
I didn’t mean to jump on your posting. The configuration of my screen when I call up forums, puts local news out of view at the bottom and I simply often miss things posted there.

Posted: 04 August 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

You’ve probably got your computer set on the largest print possible for your old eyes… thereby only being able to see half the page!!!  :>)

Saw on the front page, today, where auto sales were up.  Does that mean Hadley is driving a brand spankin’ new Caddy, Lincoln, or other luxury auto around Hooterville???  Or, did you just buy a large van to haul your cats around in?

Posted: 04 August 2013 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

No, just normal..same as you see on here. I think it is a design flaw, either of the computer or the Mercury page.
I drive a spanking old Buick, although it does have a new paint job courtesy of Bambi. Also new fenders, hood and grille…also courtesy of Bambi…God rest her soul…She did teach me a valuable lesson…Never drive on the Keats road…even in the daytime.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.