Better listen to this if you are 62 or older
Posted: 25 July 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

SSA has decided to cut off all my benefits…Why?....because ten years ago I took 5K out of a small pension fund provided by the people I worked for in the navy. They claim I am receiving a 10K per month pension.  God, how I wish that were true…
I have requested an appointment with the local SSA office.  They ignore this request, and treat me as if I was a welfare recipient.  I pray that none of you ever have to visit this office.

Posted: 25 July 2013 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

I will be able to file for Social Security in November.  Not sure if I will, but the government bureaucrats are clearly at work in the case you provide.  I always thought it was ok to have a private pension and that it did not offset social security.

Posted: 26 July 2013 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Wynn,
I thought the same thing.  Surprise, Surprise!!!!
The frustrating thing is that these people won’t even respond to my requests for an appointment.  It is probably easier to get an audience with the Pope than actually speak to one of these caseworkers.
Without an appointment, you may well sit in that office…even though no one else is there…for four or five hours. The KC office tells me that they have overpaid me by 6K or so and that they will stop checks until that is repaid.  The receptionist at SSA tells me “not to worry”, but won’t let me actually meet with someone who might be able to help. I have written twice for an appointment (they guard their e-mail religiously).
They have ignored my requests.  They don’t even respond.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.