Kudos, RCPD!!!  Thanks!!!!!
Posted: 19 July 2013 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Was part of a funeral procession, this afternoon.  A good friend passed.  He was a retired military verteran and was buried in the Verterans Cemetery west of town.  We had left the church in Manhattan, headed west on Ft. Riley Blvd.  RCPD officers were at intersections, allowing the procession to safely pass.  Near the Richards Drive interesection… what we call the “Old Holidome” intersection… a shiney new black Caddilac blew past on the left side of the procession.  As we neared the exit ramp to Seth Childs, this idiot crossed from the left hand land… skimming between the hearse and the RCPD car leading the procession… and exited onto Seth Childs.  Immediately another RCPD vehicle came past on the right, lights flashing, and pulled the black Caddy over.  Hopefully, the driver’s billfold is much lighter due to his/her “opportunity to contribute” to our Municipal Court system!!!!

Some of the relatives were from the Pittsburgh, PA area.  At dinner, tonight, this black Caddy was one of the topics of conversation.  First, the folks commented about how respectful so many were as they stopped while the procession passed.  However, all noticed the Caddy getting stopped and were unanimous in hoping he/she spent this month’s car payment on traffic fines.

This afternoon was a great experience with a full military burial.  Soldiers in their dress uniforms acting as pall bearers.  21 gun salute.  A tear-jerking rendition of taps from a bugle.  The color guard/pall bearers folding the coffin flag and presenting it to the family.  All of this could well have been marred by some jerk driving like an idiot and hurting someone.  The procession he was cutting through carried the body of a gentleman who spent 24 years defending his/her right to act like the spoiled brat he/she is.  To bad those whose ego and driving habits aren’t respectful of a veteran being laid to rest.  And… THANKS!!, RCPD for at least giving those who mourn the passing of a loved one the “blessing” of witnessing the efficiency of one of your traffic offiicers.

Posted: 20 July 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

So, this morning, I’m at Dillons West.  Walking from my truck to the store, I see this black Caddy… if not the same one as yesterday, it’s a twing… coming from the south along the front of the store.  The stop signs at the pedestrian walks??  Blew right through them.  I watched two ladies who were about to cross at the crosswalks step back with their shocked/scared looks on their faces.  I was too slow to get a license number.  Hopefully, one of the ladies did and called it it.  If this is the same guy as cut through the funeral procession yesterday, he’s gonna hurt someone.  Really tempted to spend some hours at Dillons near the pedestrian crossings with an empty shopping cart.  If I were to see that same black Caddy blowing through, his Caddy would be wearing the shopping cart as he left the area.

Posted: 20 July 2013 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry,
What is a “twing”? It brings to mind a guy who wears earrings and dresses in lace panties.
Well, I just dropped in to keep you from talking to yourself.  I know how painful that can be on this forum.  It happens to me all the time.

Posted: 21 July 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2013-07-13

You boys get a room

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Randall, we HAD one.  Michael and I had our own personal chat room, provided by The Mercury… until you begin butting in on our fun!  Stacia and Wynn would sometimes drop by.  Director Schoen would stop in and defend bicycleists, now and then.  Overall, it was quite peaceful.  Oh, Ned did give me a good tongue-lashing, a deserved one.  Now we are seeing our quiet and solitude interrupeted by some folks who actually might have opinions of their own.  Pshaw!!!!

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

What did you get your tongue lashed for?
Surely verbosity is not a crime.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.