Beware of the Social Security Office!
Posted: 17 July 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

These people are duplicitous. I just had my benefits reduced by $203.  Why?...Well because the people I worked for with the navy did not pay SS. That irritates SS. Now, I took out $5,000 ten years ago from a pension plan from these people. Now, SS says that was a big no-no.  They started harassing me six months ago, sending me forms that “I must submit”.  I did that, and each subsequent month, I was sent the same forms.  I filled those out…AGAIN, and then they would send the same forms the next month.  They wanted to know what government pension I was receiving.  I told them “none”. That, apparently did not register. So, they sent me a “final request”. I went to the local office and the receptionist told me….“Don’t worry about it, it is just a form letter”. I asked to see the woman who was in charge of my case. She, although she was only a few feet away, refused to see me, and, instead told the receptionist, “she was on it, and not to worry”...then I was summarily dismissed.
Every time I go into that office, I see a different person.  This is probably because the previous person doesn’t want to hear…“You lied to me”. The last girl said…“Don’t worry about it, it is just a formality”...It is not a formality when they cut my benefits by $203 a month….Well, probably it is to them. Petty little bureaucrats.
I won’t name names on this post, but I will on the second one…so, Jenee and Angela…watch out for the second installment.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.