K-State vs WVU
Posted: 19 October 2012 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-19

Lots of buildup and hype mounting for this one. Cats win this one and we’ll be favored the rest of the way.
I would imagine I won’t have any fingernails left by Saturday night. I’m going to say Cats 38-35!!

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2011-07-25

cats by ten 35-25.  emaw.

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

WVU got their clocks cleaned at Tech.  They had to sneak back into Morgantown, after dark, hoping no one would recognize them.  That entire bunch will have a chip on their shoulder.  First year in the Big 12 and a they get a welcome like the Cornshuckers got in the Big 10.  There’s no way they will lay down in front of their home crowd.

KSU, OTOH, is just a physically overpowering team.  If WVU gets out to an early lead, it will be a lot more difficult for KSU to catch fire than it was with the Jaysquawks or the Cyclones.  If KSU wins this one, they have a very good chance of winning out… based on how healthy the key players stay.  I imagine even the hard conservatives in town will forego Huckabee’s 7 p.m. Faux News show to watch this game.

Posted: 20 October 2012 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

For some reason I am thinking that Bill does not want to get into a shootout with this WV team.  I am guessing he would rather see a score in the 20’s just like the OU game.  If this game stays in the 20’s the edge is in the Cat’s favor.  If it gets into the 30’s watch out!

I see we could not go one thread without mentioning those darn “CornShuckers”!  ;) Somethings never change!

Posted: 20 October 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10
Scott Klone - 20 October 2012 03:02 AM

For some reason I am thinking that Bill does not want to get into a shootout with this WV team.  I am guessing he would rather see a score in the 20’s just like the OU game.  If this game stays in the 20’s the edge is in the Cat’s favor.  If it gets into the 30’s watch out!

I see we could not go one thread without mentioning those darn “CornShuckers”!  ;) Somethings never change!

I’m sorry!!!  40 lashes!!!  Honestly, I don’t follow college football all that much.  Hardly ever posted on the sports threads on the old board.  Have been attempting to keep discussion going on the new board until more avid fans participate.  Should I have used Missouri as an example instead of Nebraska?  My point was that I expect a school does not enter a new conference without believing they will be extremely competitive in that conference.  For WVU to run into a real meat grinder at Tech, they have to be motivated to prove themselves to their fans and to the new conference. 

I will refrain from further use of any reference to the school north of us on Highway 77 in furute posts!!!  :>)

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

Larry, I was just messing around.  Its nice not to be reamed by someone for saying something on the Sports Board.  Hopefully it will stay that way.

Posted: 20 October 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

If this board survives, there WILL be additional poster and there WILL be some fan-ATICS.  It’s inherent to sports boards, political boards, and today’s common conversation in a culture that has lost the meaning of respect.  But… I still wonder if the board will remain less volitle with the requirement of actual names.

Posted: 21 October 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

WOW!!  Simply, WOW!!!

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.