Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

You have a “potent weapon” Dave?

What, pray tell, would that be?

Posted: 05 August 2013 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

“Intolerance is the most socially acceptable form of egotism, for it permits us to assume superiority without personal boasting.”~Sydney J. Harris

Posted: 05 August 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2013-02-18
Randall Baughman - 05 August 2013 08:14 AM

You have a “potent weapon” Dave?

What, pray tell, would that be?

Lost in translation Randall!

What pray tell are you referring to?

Posted: 05 August 2013 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

“You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can
by what others say about him.”

- Leo Aikman

Posted: 05 August 2013 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

I guess it is kind of hard to keep track, with all that spittle flying over the computer screen.

“Rule # 5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”

Hint,it ain’t working,give it a rest! LOL!!!”~Dave The Meskin Slayer.

“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” ~ Maya Angelou

Posted: 05 August 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

So, House and Senate finally agree on the number of immigrants granted work visa status each year.  200,000.  The ink isn’t dry and the House Repubs suddenly change their minds.  Lobbyists for big business want more “cheap labor”.  The Repubs now want the work visa number raised to 500,000/year.  The Republicans are using the following rationale… 1.)  If you limit immigrant labor numbers, the cost of labor will go up.  Duh!  2.)  The only reason to limit the number to 200,000 is so that businesses have to pay union wage scale.  Yep.  Don’t want them thar blue collar rif raf making a living wage.

Republicans say they want to see more of the unemployed back working.  There is now even talk about the House nutrition bill requiring people to work if they collect food stamps.  In the same breath, the Republicans are saying they don’t want Americans back working because business might have to pay a decent wage.  Wow!

Dave, if your buddies in the House get their 500,000 immigrant work visa number, won’t that put over twice as many low-wage workers on the street?  How do you justify filling those jobs with immigrant labor when so many domestic workers are unemployed?  That’s right.  You also want to cut unemployment benefits.

Posted: 05 August 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2012-10-11

Dave Avery– I do not condone any of nor do I tell any of my family to break laws. Even if I do not agree with them there is a proper process to follow. Unlike the House and Senate reps that have (for years) looked the other way while the US is infiltrated to the point of a financial crisis from the high unemployment rates all the while claiming the work visas are for picking fruit. I do not see a lot of fruit trees on roofs or on any construction sites, highways and bridge repairs. As long as our public servants are willing to look the other way we will continue to fail. Everyone can jump up and down and scream profiling, prejudices and anything else they want. Until the real problem is addressed, the rich getting richer, with I haves getting more, the rest will just suffer. Until the infiltrators get here and in 40 more years +/- see that they too are dirt under the feet of the I have and rich peoples then and only then will they complain about someone else taking their job and freedoms. The socially connected, religious, be kinder gentler fanatics will continue to tell the legally correct that they are wrong and should continue to look the other way and allow the infiltration to continue. No matter what some local papers chat, message site participants say the facts are simple. There is a legal road to citizenship and obviously this is not being followed and has not been for years. You will have vocal people tell you that you are prejudice and all sorts of stuff while they are all the while taking away what was to belong to the citizens of this country, freedoms with a chance of an American dream and protection from infiltration.

Posted: 05 August 2013 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

On the other hand, there are always going to be those who want to blame others for their own plights.

News for you Dave, if you see “illegals” building your roads and houses, then you’ve got a problem.  Those people may be HISPANIC, but odds are they possess citizenship, just like Dave… and his other brother Dave.

Yes, jobs are gone, and they’re not coming back.  Hispanics don’t hold them.  They’re GONE.  You can blame Clinton for the free trade agreement if you like.  Myself, I see the Internet as having made a HUGE PERCENTAGE of jobs from the heyday of unions and middle class growth, disappear.

How many warehousers, store-owners-clerks-cashiers-stockers, shipping company paper-pushers, longshoremen, railroaders, CAR SALESMEN, real estate salesmen… you can go on and on… how many middlemen who used to grab a sliver of the pie as it passed by just don’t exist any more?  Tens of millions of jobs are never coming back, Daves.  You can blame those folks who broke the law when they swam the river.  But, I’ll tell you this.  If they ALL disappeared today… the illegal ones I mean, not all immigrants… there wouldn’t be one person in the state of Kansas picking up the tools that they put down..

Posted: 06 August 2013 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Randall Baughman - 05 August 2013 12:42 PM

On the other hand, there are always going to be those who want to blame others for their own plights.

News for you Dave, if you see “illegals” building your roads and houses, then you’ve got a problem.  Those people may be HISPANIC, but odds are they possess citizenship, just like Dave… and his other brother Dave.

Yes, jobs are gone, and they’re not coming back.  Hispanics don’t hold them.  They’re GONE.  You can blame Clinton for the free trade agreement if you like.  Myself, I see the Internet as having made a HUGE PERCENTAGE of jobs from the heyday of unions and middle class growth, disappear.

How many warehousers, store-owners-clerks-cashiers-stockers, shipping company paper-pushers, longshoremen, railroaders, CAR SALESMEN, real estate salesmen… you can go on and on… how many middlemen who used to grab a sliver of the pie as it passed by just don’t exist any more?  Tens of millions of jobs are never coming back, Daves.  You can blame those folks who broke the law when they swam the river.

But, I’ll tell you this.  If they ALL disappeared today… the illegal ones I mean, not all immigrants… there wouldn’t be one person in the state of Kansas picking up the tools that they put down..

Randall wake up and smell the Roses!

American Workers Continue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration Raids

A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to
fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking
and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were
back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.
Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial
to the American workforce.

“Whenever there’s an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal
immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly
not do,” Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.

The USA Today report cites a study conducted by Steven Camarota at the
Center for Immigration Studies that found Americans holding the majority of
positions in fields that many claim are dominated by illegal aliens.

For more on this story, see USA Today.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/september-15-2009/american-workers-continue-pick-jobs-left-vacant-immigration-raids.html?jid=257754&lid=9&rid=2348&tid=483228

Posted: 06 August 2013 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Dave Braddock - 05 August 2013 11:34 AM

Dave Avery– I do not condone any of nor do I tell any of my family to break laws. Even if I do not agree with them there is a proper process to follow. Unlike the House and Senate reps that have (for years) looked the other way while the US is infiltrated to the point of a financial crisis from the high unemployment rates all the while claiming the work visas are for picking fruit. I do not see a lot of fruit trees on roofs or on any construction sites, highways and bridge repairs. As long as our public servants are willing to look the other way we will continue to fail. Everyone can jump up and down and scream profiling, prejudices and anything else they want. Until the real problem is addressed, the rich getting richer, with I haves getting more, the rest will just suffer. Until the infiltrators get here and in 40 more years +/- see that they too are dirt under the feet of the I have and rich peoples then and only then will they complain about someone else taking their job and freedoms. The socially connected, religious, be kinder gentler fanatics will continue to tell the legally correct that they are wrong and should continue to look the other way and allow the infiltration to continue. No matter what some local papers chat, message site participants say the facts are simple. There is a legal road to citizenship and obviously this is not being followed and has not been for years. You will have vocal people tell you that you are prejudice and all sorts of stuff while they are all the while taking away what was to belong to the citizens of this country, freedoms with a chance of an American dream and protection from infiltration.

I agree with you I think.

Posted: 06 August 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Larry Williams - 05 August 2013 09:45 AM

So, House and Senate finally agree on the number of immigrants granted work visa status each year.  200,000.  The ink isn’t dry and the House Repubs suddenly change their minds.  Lobbyists for big business want more “cheap labor”.  The Repubs now want the work visa number raised to 500,000/year.  The Republicans are using the following rationale… 1.)  If you limit immigrant labor numbers, the cost of labor will go up.  Duh!  2.)  The only reason to limit the number to 200,000 is so that businesses have to pay union wage scale.  Yep.  Don’t want them thar blue collar rif raf making a living wage.

Republicans say they want to see more of the unemployed back working.  There is now even talk about the House nutrition bill requiring people to work if they collect food stamps.  In the same breath, the Republicans are saying they don’t want Americans back working because business might have to pay a decent wage.  Wow!

Dave, if your buddies in the House get their 500,000 immigrant work visa number, won’t that put over twice as many low-wage workers on the street?  How do you justify filling those jobs with immigrant labor when so many domestic workers are unemployed?  That’s right. 

You also want to cut unemployment benefits.

Hey Larry, you forgot to ask “DEMOCRAT” Obama about the 300,000 that he approved. 

The 14 million unemployed Americans thank you Obama.

Obama Amnesty Begins: Halts Deportations for 300,000 Illegal Aliens; Offers

‘Work Permits’

08/19/2011

by John Hill

Stand With Arizona

The Obama Administration today announced a virtual amnesty-by-decree for
hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens, whose deportations will be
“indefinitely delayed”.

In addition, Obama finally announced a jobs
program - but for ILLEGAL ALIENS, not citizens - as those 300,000 illegals
will also become eligible for “work permits”.

This action represents an administrative end-run around Congress, which
twice rejected the ‘DREAM Act’ in 2010. As disgraceful as is this usurpation
of Congressional authority, this announcement is even worse than is being
reported.
Our analysis reveals that - despite media focus of this action limited to
so-called “Dreamer” illegal students, this new policy, coupled with the
criteria established by the June 2011 “Morton Memos” which set up a joint
“DHS and DOJ working group” could expand this “indefinite delay” of
deportation to potentially MILLIONS of illegals - creating a new, massive
amnesty entirely by fiat, bypassing Congress.

Read rest of story below:

http://northshoreteaparty.org/index.php/2011/08/work-permits/

Speaking of unemployment benefits Larry, what do you think of the “DEMOCRATS” in U.S. Department of Labor granting a special up to 2 1/2 year unemployment package for the Boeing employees that were laid off?

Government Gives Sweet Deal To Laid-Off Boeing Workers: 2.5 Years Unemployment,Travel, Moving And Supplementary Pay

Thanks to a federal program lined up by their unions, local workers laid off during the current dip in employment at Boeing Commercial Airplanes will enjoy a financial cushion that’s much, much plumper than what the average unemployed state resident gets.

“Compared to what Joe Worker gets when they get laid off, our members have a pretty extensive safety net,” said Connie Kelliher, spokeswoman for the International Association of Machinists (IAM).

The U.S. Department of Labor has approved Boeing workers — union or nonunion, production workers or engineers — laid off between April 2012 and June 2015 for a package of benefits that includes drawing unemployment pay for up to 2½ years, rather than the regular six months.

The Labor Department ruling also means that if laid-off Boeing workers need to travel, say to California, for a job interview, the government will reimburse 90 percent of the costs.

If they relocate for a new job, the government will pay 90 percent of their moving expenses and provide an additional lump-sum relocation allowance of up to $1,250.

While unemployed, they’ll also get a tax credit for nearly three-quarters of their health-care premiums. And they’re eligible for a grant of up to $25,000 toward the cost of a degree.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/08/03/government-gives-sweet-deal-to-laid-off-boeing-workers-2-5-years-unemploymenttravel-moving-and-supplementary-pay/

Posted: 06 August 2013 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

northshoreteaparty, weaselzippers, thenumbers,

Yep, Dave, you can find ANYTHING on the Internet.  Doesn’t matter how racist or bizarre, SOMEWHERE on the Internet you’ll find someone saying something you want to hear.

Hate.  The Red Meat of the Rubes.

Posted: 06 August 2013 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Dave, the program for those who lose jobs to the off-shoring of jobs was in place.  The IAM simply had the initiative to make certain Boeing employees would be covered.  It’s interesting that you bring up this program.
Republicans have been attempting to cut unemployment benefits for laid off workers for the past few years.  They turn right around and lobby for more immigrant work visa numbers so those making good money can be replaced by cheap labor.  Once working citizens are kicked to the curb, shut down their unemployment benefits.  That’s the Republican way.
Your ‘weaselzipper’ link talks about reimbursement for travel to job interviews and for moving expenses.  Hmmm…  If you or I are laid off, we can look for work on our own dime.  Travel to job interviews and relocation expenses are tax deductible.  So, in esscence, we are “reimbursed” through those deductions.  Many don’t have the fiscal ability to travel across the nation for a job interview.  Coming up with relocation expenses can be difficult.  This program allows cash reimbursement instead of the tax deduction.  Expenses reimbursed will not be deductible.  So, via tax deductions, isn’t the ‘gubmint’ paying for everyone’s interview travel costs and relocatoin expenses?  IAM, on the other hand, is taking advantage of a program which will provide a more efficient means of furloughed Boeing employees to recover those costs.

Posted: 07 August 2013 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Randall Baughman - 06 August 2013 05:26 AM

northshoreteaparty, weaselzippers, thenumbers,

Yep, Dave, you can find ANYTHING on the Internet.  Doesn’t matter how racist or bizarre, SOMEWHERE on the Internet you’ll find someone saying something you want to hear.

Hate.  The Red Meat of the Rubes.

That’s what I keep telling you Randall!

“You Are White, You Don’t Belong in America” - Brown Berets at All-Star Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt3of5KMvCI

What the local news media doesn’t show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8_ScYY__oyk

Posted: 07 August 2013 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18
Larry Williams - 06 August 2013 06:09 AM

Dave, the program for those who lose jobs to the off-shoring of jobs was in place.  The IAM simply had the initiative to make certain Boeing employees would be covered.  It’s interesting that you bring up this program.
Republicans have been attempting to cut unemployment benefits for laid off workers for the past few years.  They turn right around and lobby for more immigrant work visa numbers so those making good money can be replaced by cheap labor.  Once working citizens are kicked to the curb, shut down their unemployment benefits.  That’s the Republican way.
Your ‘weaselzipper’ link talks about reimbursement for travel to job interviews and for moving expenses.  Hmmm…  If you or I are laid off, we can look for work on our own dime.  Travel to job interviews and relocation expenses are tax deductible.  So, in esscence, we are “reimbursed” through those deductions.  Many don’t have the fiscal ability to travel across the nation for a job interview.  Coming up with relocation expenses can be difficult.  This program allows cash reimbursement instead of the tax deduction.  Expenses reimbursed will not be deductible.  So, via tax deductions, isn’t the ‘gubmint’ paying for everyone’s interview travel costs and relocatoin expenses?  IAM, on the other hand, is taking advantage of a program which will provide a more efficient means of furloughed Boeing employees to recover those costs.

Larry,Unions are half the problem in our country right now!

UAW gives $23 million to Democratic Party - receives 55% of Chrysler, 17.5%
of GM and billions of dollars
Published on June 10, 2009 in Featured, Government, People and Politics. 1
Comment
Human Events, “Once, We Would Have Called It a Scandal”

by Newt Gingrich

There was a time when we would have called it a scandal.

In 1921, oil tycoon Harry Sinclair gave several prize head of cattle and
around $269,000 to President Harding’s Secretary of the Interior, Albert
Fall.

In return, Sinclair got the exclusive rights to drill in an oil field in
Wyoming. Sinclair’s no-bid contract became the Teapot Dome scandal, the most
notorious example of political corruption in America prior to Watergate.

Between 2000 and 2008, the United Auto Workers (UAW) union gave
$23,675,562 to the Democratic Party and its candidates.

In 2008 alone, the UAW gave $4,161,567 to the Democratic Party, including
Barack Obama.

In return, the UAW received 55 percent of Chrysler and 17.5 percent of GM,
plus billions of dollars.

But nobody’s calling this a scandal. It’s time we start.

2000-2008 UAW Giving: $23.7 million to Democrats. $193,540 to Republicans

The almost $24,000,000 the UAW has given to Democrats since 2000 compares
with the $193,540 the union has given to Republicans.

In the 2008 presidential election, President Obama was by far the biggest
recipient of UAW contributions, raking in $27,340 compared to the $10,600
given to Hillary Clinton, the No. 2 recipient of UAW money.

And so it was no surprise to the cynical Washington political class when
the payback began with the Chrysler bankruptcy.

In a rigged proceeding in which the federal government disregarded
bankruptcy law in favor of the political outcome it desired, the Chrysler
bankruptcy laid the predicate for the much larger General Motors bankruptcy
to come. Against law and precedent, the unions were moved to the front of
the line when it came to who would benefit from the bankruptcy.

http://osmoothie.com/2009/06/10/uaw-gives-23-million-to-democratic-party-receives-55-of-chrysler-175-of-gm-and-billions-of-dollars/

‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›
7 of 10

‹‹ What would happen if.....      Rep Jenkins ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.