1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 10
Illegal Immigration
Posted: 16 July 2013 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2013-02-18

Dear Mr. Minjarez

I notice with interest your comments about Immigration. I see you immigrated to Ulysses at the age of 15 in 2001.How long did you and your family have to wait before you were allowed to enter the United States? It’s nice to see that you fulfill the dream of most legal immigrants and have contributed to this great country of ours. One problem I have with your article is your failure to mention at any time the illegal aliens that live in Kansas You do mention that the 2010 census shows a 50 % population of Hispanics in Southwest Kansas, it would be nice to know what percentage are here illegally, which appears to be a concern of Secretary of State Kobach. I’m sure you understand that breaking our immigration laws to enter here is not only illegal but unfair to the millions of immigrants like yourself that had to wait in line inside the border of their own country to enter here. The concern of Americans like myself about the illegal alien problem is not based on Xenophobic, but the fact that breaking our immigration laws for any reason to get here and then demanding American citizenship is not only unfair to others, but devalues the very Citizenship that they are demanding. Our immigration laws are not broken, but only need to be enforced. Its sad that some Politicians and segments of our population don’t understand that. The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, “I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.

Dave Avery

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2013-07-13

I haven’t seen anybody demand citizenship.  I’ve seen a man get elected by combining the word “illegals” with the words “voter fraud”... a laughable combination to anyone who has a clue about the life of an illegal.  The fact that so many Kansans BOUGHT this line of sht proves the need for some immigration in this state… to deepen the gene pool.

Laws, laws, laws.  So many laws, I break a few every day.  How about you, Dave?  Haven’t you been advocating succession?  Do you dream about shooting somebody from the gubmint?  You might want to check out the laws pertaining to anarchy.

Walk a mile in their shoes, Dave.  Turn off the newsertainment.  Immigrants aren’t the problem in this country.  Lobbyists are.  Representation of, for, and by the dollar.

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

First, Mr. Avery, your quote is NOT from any “inscription” on the Statue of Liberty.  Above is the complete sonnet which was engraved on a plaque that, for a time, was enclosed inside the base of the Statue.  That plaque now is kept at the Statue of Liberty museum.
However, if you want to quote a single line… “I lift my lamp beside the golden door”, I would suggest that is certainly taken out of context.  You might want to read the entire sonnet that includes, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.  Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”  I don’t see where it continues “... as long as those yearning to breathe free abide by the latest legislation passed by political hacks named Kobach.”

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

Well Randall, the post doesn’t say anything about immigrants,it’s about illegal aliens, but then people like you use the term immigrants because illegal alien leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. Face the facts 11 million illegal aliens have entered our country and hid out since a Democratic Senator name “I can’t swim” Kennedy said the following in 1986:

“This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this.”

—Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

And then Democratic Senator “I can’t swim” Kennedy said the following in 2007:

“The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and
into the sunshine of America”
May 17, 2007

Ted Kennedy—Senator from Massachusetts
Member of the Democratic Party

There’s an old saying Randall.

“Hurt me once,shame on you”

“Hurt me twice,shame on me”

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

Dave, I had no idea there was a difference between illegal immigrants and illegal aliens.  They must just run a different blood temperature or something because they sure look like people to me.

And, Teddy’s long gone.  You can stop flogging that one any time now.

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

Well Larry,we allow in over 900,000 “Legal” immigrants a year into our country,our current population is around 313 million (wag). Now we have B.O. and others wanting to grant amnesty to 11 million illegal aliens,factor in “Chain” migration and the number could jump to 30 million (wag). My question is how many more will make you happy?

Quality of Life in the US

United States of America

Population Change (1980-2008)

Each county on this map is colored based on the increase in population
between the years of 1980 and 2008.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/maps?jid=175319\&lid=9&rid=1774&tid=483228\

United States Population Counter

http://www.superteachertools.com/classroom-tools/popclock/uspop.php

We have some politicians and segments of our population that want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

And that’s sad.

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

Well Randall,let me educate you!

“Immigration refers to the movement of people between countries. While the
movement of people has existed throughout human history at various levels,
modern immigration implies long-term, legal, permanent residence. Short-term
visitors and tourists are considered non-immigrants (see expatriate).
Immigration across national borders in a way that violates the immigration
laws of the destination country is termed illegal immigration.”

“Illegal immigration refers to immigration across national borders in a way
that violates the immigration laws of the destination country. Under this
definition, an illegal immigrant is a foreigner who either has illegally
crossed an international political border, be it by land, water, or air, or
a foreigner who has entered a country legally but then overstays his/her
visa. ”

So are you going to quit calling them “immigrants”?

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

Video - Florida TV Station Exposes Voter Fraud

April 5, 2012 By Steve Young

The NBC-affiliate in Fort Myers, Florida, recently discovered hundreds of
cases in Florida of illegal aliens and non-US citizens of being registered
and voting in past elections.

This expose’ provides a strong case in support of voter ID laws that are
being pursued by a number of U.S. states leading up to November’s elections.
The U.S. Department of Justice has recently blocked attempts by states like
South Carolina and Texas to implement these laws.

Read rest of story below:

http://immigrationreform.com/2012/04/05/video-florida-tv-station-exposes-voter-fraud/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Top 5 Immigration Stories&utm_content=Top+5+April+13,+2012

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

” Immigrants aren’t the problem in this country.”

I agree Randall,it’s the “illegal aliens”.

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

So, Dave, what we “call” illegals is just as important to you as the abomination of their dirty feet on our sacred soil?

A tv station found… what??? 

Dave, an illegal’s LIFE in the US DEPENDS ON INVISIBILITY TO THE GOVERNMENT.  Now, I ask you, WHY would they risk their lives and livelihoods to cast a single vote in an election?  It doesn’t make sense, Dave.

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

“You Are White, You Don’t Belong in America” - Brown Berets at All-Star Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt3of5KMvCI

Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during
National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Ka7y8XrPc

US Flag desecration - Montbello High School, Maywood P.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=—BY0Lc92KU

Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax Benefits

Friday, 23 Sep 2011 05:17 PM

By James Walsh

On July 7, 2011, the U.S. Department of Treasury’s inspector general for tax
administration issued a startling report entitled “Individuals Who Are Not
Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable
Credits.”

No wonder the nation’s finances are in turmoil.

******It is clear that unauthorized aliens are filing ITIN tax returns with
fraudulent data.******

The Treasury report found that “One common type of
fraudulent refund involves taxpayers fabricating a Wage and Tax Statement
(Form W-2) that shows excess withholding and results in a tax refund.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax
Benefits

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

Well Randall,why don’t you call The NBC-affiliate in Fort Myers, Florida and ask them that question.

And while you’re at it stop at Home Depot and ask the manager that same question.

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

Sorry Randall I forgot to include the Welfare Office!

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-13

I see there can be no discussion with you Dave.  Posting youtubes and thinking about things are not the same activities, so we’ll never connect.

But, even though I know it won’t do any good, I ask you to think about this, too.  Any illegal who isn’t working for cash must submit a SS number for employment, which means that they CONTRIBUTE to the SS earnings of someone else.  They pay taxes.  Any refunds would go to the legal citizen belonging to that number.  Illegals’ only communication with the IRS is a one-way flow.  They put in, period.

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

Guess I’d like the link to “B.O. and others wanting to grant amnesty to 11 million illegal aliens”.  The bipartisan committe of Senators put together an immigration bill that included strengthening our borders and a 15 year path to citizenship for immigrants.  Not one single “illegal alien” would be granted amnesty.  There are financial penalties, etc. that would have to be met along the 15 year quest for citizenship.  The Repubs in the House won’t pass the bill since it can be deemed “authored” by the Democratic majority in the Senate.  The ONLY reasons Repubs want any immigration bill to pass Congress is if they can see that bill swaying votes to their candidates.  For that reason, it MUST be a Republican sponsored bill coming out of the House.
The “Revered Leader of the Conservatives”, Limbaugh, recently did the math… evidently Republican congressional leaders weren’t smart enough… and proved that had Romney rec’d the Hispanic vote he still would have lost the election.  Limbaugh doesn’t think the Republicans need the Hispanic vote and, just as a former Manhattan Mayor once stated, “we’ve become too diverse”. 

After Rubio lost favor with the pundits as he backed the Immigration Bill, others are pushing away from having anything to do with it.  Now, the House Republicans seem to want to push a “Border Bill” only.  If and when the borders are strengthened, then they will consider immigration reform.  In other words, an comprehensive immigration reform is dead. 

Jenkins will only publicly state that she opposes anything out of the White House or the Democratically controlled Senate… no matter what.  And, that she favors anything that is offered by her Republican colleages in the House.  Jenkins is one of the most partisan political hacks in Congress.

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-18

I understand Randall,the truth hurts. Face the fact that most illegal aliens are here only for what they can steal from the American Tax payers!

Thanks for being civil in your comments.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 10

‹‹ What would happen if.....      Rep Jenkins ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.