Seven percent increase in tuition
Posted: 07 June 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Nice move Schultzy. What’s next?  Additional fees to use the classrooms? Putting cash machines on the bathrooms? Of course, the new rec center will go on as planned.  Probably some new flowers and bushes (“That’s a different fund”).  The oldest university lie. Perhaps, you could borrow some money from the Athletic Corporation…they have plenty of money.
Oh well, just forget it and screw the students. You can blame it on Brown nose…even though he is an alumnus.

Posted: 08 June 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Michael, in this case, I do believe additional tuition costs are the result of the Brownbackistan culture.  Brownback believes that the only people deserving of a college education are white, wealthy, and of the Christian belief.  Education of people of lesser standing should be curtailed… price them out of an education.  State funds to schools of higher education will continue to be cut until Brownback’s legislature… and the Koch brothers… are allowed to redefine who is educated. 

Kansas is taking on the persona of the ancient Romans.  The honored… the privileged will sit in the high dollar suites and watch the athletes compete in Manhattan, Lawrence, and Wichita.  The less privileged will serve the food and drinks, fan the privileged so they dare not sweat, and clean up after the wealthy.  Non-white and non-Christians will slowly be ushered across the borders into other States that will accept the heathen. 

Understand, the political clime at this point in time will see Brownback re-elected by a significant majority, while more and more dollars are cut from education.

Posted: 09 June 2013 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I have always found it amazing that the universities are the only businesses who can mistreat their customers, often provide an inferior product and charge extra for everything they provide…and still inspire loyalty decades later, when they come begging for more money.
Sure, the obvious problem is Brownback, but there are other ways of making up the loss that are never considered.  How much were the renovations to the REC Center?  How much will it cost to convert Memorial Stadium to a reception center? I could go on, but I won’t…I have said it all before. The universities put these little frivolities at the head of the priority list.  They are not particularly interested in classroom conditions, students or faculty.  Students are the lowest priority, with faculty being a close second.
Of course, the NBAF is a high priority with the university, and, even with the governor, but it has very little importance to the average student.  Teaching and learning are of the lowest priorities…and you thought the universities were places of education.  Not so anymore.  They are a business in cahoots with the federal government and God knows who else. The faculty and students are simply an avenue of getting to that federal money.
I thought Wefald was bad…this guy could be even worse…and I never thought that could be possible.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.