Did you know that today was National Tailgate a Buick Day?
Posted: 24 May 2013 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I didn’t know that until I got on the road and had this semi on my bumper all the way to Manhattan.  Thank you Shop Quick and Grant Petroleum…Oh, I was traveling at the speed limit.  Once in town I was tailgated by a young co-ed in a tiny red car.  It must also be bicyclist pedaling on the wrong side of the road day (a frequent holiday in Manhattan) One was right in the wrong lane on Denison , and, of course, another zipping through Moro past Varneys…  There was a radio ad that said the highway patrol would be watching carefully for non-seat belt wearers this holiday weekend.  Maybe they should spend a little more time with tailgaters and drunks and bicyclists who pay no attention to street signs. What a bunch of screwed up priorities. I drive the speed limit.  I do not tailgate. I stop at stop signs.  I signal when I change lanes…and I wear a seat belt as soon as the sun comes up. I guess it is OK to violate all the other rules of the road as long as you have your bridle on.
Oh…and why don’t bicyclists have to have harnesses?

Posted: 24 May 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

When we’un common folk see one a them big Buicks running down de road, we knows it must just gotta be a celebrity drivin’!!  Them thar Buicks cost more money than Budweiser has Clydsdale manure.  The folks who drive ‘em has gotta be rich… and many of ‘em still even smoke!!  (The driver, not the Buick!)  Other drivers ain’t tailgatin’.  They’re jest tryin’ to get a look at who’s drivin’ and see if they seen ‘em on the Hoarders show or on the Outdoor channel.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.