What is it???
Posted: 23 May 2013 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

What is the building going up on the south side of Ft. Riley Blvd, sorta across and a little east of the Westwood Motel?  It’s in the general vicinity of where Atwood Rentals used to be.

Posted: 23 May 2013 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

I think it could be another Hy-Vee…The Hy-Vee West.

Posted: 24 May 2013 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

I still have not stepped foot in HyVee… and won’t.  It’s ridiculous to get old and cranky, but I am!!!  I won’t even stop at a Casey’s General Store for fuel as I drive, since they partnered up with HyVee on some sort of loyalty card. 

A reader informed me the building I was inquiring about will be the new location for Stanion Electric.  Currently, they’re out on SkyVue Lane, south of Furniture Warehouse and the Transmission shop.

Posted: 24 May 2013 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

That doesn’t sound very threatening to the well-being of the city. I rarely go to Hy Vee, partly because their multi-sized ads annoy me, and I don’t like the layout of the store.  Just like the new Dillons.  Aisles should run in one direction.  I don’t appreciate having to circumnavigate the entire width of the store to get out. Last year I did buy some cheap bamboo stalks from them. I made the mistake of going to Wal Mart this morning late…at eight. Had to wait fifteen minutes for the cashier in plant world to get cash.  If I hadn’t really wanted those azaleas, I would have walked out.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.