Hooterville: Hell’s Angel’s Heaven
Posted: 18 May 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, it is Saturday and the Hell’s Angels are at the local tavern as per usual.  We get fifty or so every weekend.  The tavern owner is a Hell’s Angel herself so she welcomes them.  I just saw the policeman drive by.  Hopefully, he will arrest them all. The fact that they are riding noisy motorcycles should be sufficient probable cause that they have committed a crime…somewhere.
And…speaking of two wheelers…I encountered ten bicyclists on the Keats road this morning.  Obviously these people are suicidal.

Posted: 18 May 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

“The tavern owner is a Hell’s Angel herself….”  Marry her, Michael!!  Get her sweet on you.  Introduce her to your kitty cats.  Then, when she thinks you’re the “cat’s meow”... get her to turn the Hell’s Angel bar into a domino and shuffleboard parlor for the geriatrics.

Be careful when passing those bicycles.  One of ‘em may well be Director Schoen!!!!

Posted: 18 May 2013 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

The director is much too wise a man to take his bicycle on that section of road.

Posted: 20 May 2013 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-10

Hadley,

While your confidence in my wisdom is appreciated, suffer me (if you will) a paraphrased Mark Twain quote, “The reports of my wisdom have been greatly exaggerated.”

I have ridden that particular stretch of road a number of times.  In fact, my wife and I once engaged a young Weimaraner, which presumably lived in the area, in what was for the dog, a joyful race with our tandem lasting several miles.  It was a happy dog and possessed of more energy than the two of us combined.  BTW - we eventually won the race, but likely only because the dog tired of toying with us.

Posted: 20 May 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Indeed, my confidence is shattered.  I am afraid to even drive a car on that road.  Once in a while…in broad daylight…I will take it, but never in the dark.  I got a three thousand dollar deer lesson on that road.  It is filthy with them.

Posted: 20 May 2013 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-10

Bah - don’t get me started on deer - rats with antlers.  Over a two year period I struck three deer (two in one fell swoop) on highway 24 in Cloud County at a crossroad aptly named Deer Road.  You can’t make this stuff up.  Same deputy worked both accidents - and yes, he remembered me.  Joked that he just needed to pull last year’s accident and change the dates.  We were not amused.

Good day to you sir.

Posted: 20 May 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Well, you should have paid attention to the sign…“Deer Road”. It seems to me that this problem is getting worse.  It used to be generally in the fall, but now it seems to be year round.  You’re not even safe in town.  A few months ago, one dashed out in front of me at Hudson and Anderson.  I noticed a dead one the other day right around the Tuttle Creek turn off.  Three of them jumped in front of me near Farm Bureau.
“Rats with antlers”...I like that. I have also done three in the last two years, but only one caused significant damage.  The other two, took out a headlight and my side mirror respectively.
And a good day to you as well…:-)

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.