How do you spot crazy people?
Posted: 14 May 2013 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

It used to be that if you spotted someone walking around in a store and babbling aloud, you could reasonably assume that they were a little nuts.  Now, we simply assume that they are on the telephone with a hands free device. So how do you spot the nutcakes?

Posted: 14 May 2013 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2012-10-21

They’re smoking cigarettes.

Posted: 14 May 2013 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Kathy…very funny, but…because it is unlawful, thanks to a handful of those people who talk to themselves without phones, to smoke anywhere in the city of Manhattan, including…if I read the ordinance correctly…your own bathroom, then your advice is impractical.

Posted: 15 May 2013 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Difference between “nutcases” talking to themselves and people on hands-free devices walking down the aisle at Dillons????  It’s the size of the head.  Those who are talking on hands-free devices while shopping have egos… heads… bigger than the propsed press box at the football complex.  They are simply trying to show those less important shoppers what it’s like to think highly of yourself.  I still believe all retail establishments should have cell phone blocking technology installed so that nobody’s cell would function until outside the store/restaurant.  Oh, and for Stacia… the “nutcases” Michael describes should not be allowed to reproduce!!

Posted: 15 May 2013 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

I didn’t say anything about that reproducing thing Larry…Just to be clear.

Posted: 15 May 2013 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

MIchael, I was “jabbing” at Stacia.  She got pretty upset at me… and RIGHTFULLY so… for suggesting some selective, forced sterilization.  Even though I may personally believe certain individuals should not have the privilege of breeding, selective sterilization should never be instituted in our society.  If it were, we might see the likes of Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh set the policy as to who gets “snipped”.  That’s where it becomes scarey.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.