GREAT JOB, RCPD!!!! 
Posted: 10 May 2013 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

Wow!  90+ arrested in one of the largest drug busts in the area.  RCPD, JCPD, KBI, etc. all working together to reduce crime in our communities.  This had to be an extremely well organized and executed exercise.  (And we have a commissioner who doesn’t even want to work with neighboring communities on traffic planning.)

Crack houses are a “quiet crime”.  You can have a crack house next door and not know it.  With this large of an operation and this many who will pay consequences, perhaps they will get the message that our communities will not tolerate this behavior.  One of the things that hurts is the number of children removed from these dangerous environments and taken into protective custody.  People who want to wreck their own lives by making the choice to become associated with these drug rings should lose their children.  If there was some means to keep them from ever breeding, that would be the preferable option.  However, the removal of these children will either force the parents to clean up their acts or the kids will be placed in foster care and, hopefully, not follow their parent’s bad example.

That also bring up the question, how many of the 90 dealers and addicts were receiving taxpayer funded assistance.  How many of these were using ADC to feed their kids, while spending what they earn on drugs?  There are many arguments against drug testing of welfare recepients.  This drug bust, and the large number of people involved, makes an excellent case FOR drug testing before a person can receive assistance. 

Our communities are a safer place to live and raise our children, today, thanks to the concentrated efforts of area law enforcement professionals.  Thanks!!!!

Posted: 10 May 2013 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10
Larry Williams - 10 May 2013 05:57 AM

If there was some means to keep them from ever breeding, that would be the preferable option.

It’s pretty disturbing when someone asks the government to forcibly sterilize people. It’s perversely hilarious when the same guy who goes on and on about the horror of “legislating morality” does it.

I am certain this isn’t the first time you’ve suggested forcible sterilization of U.S. citizens for legal infractions. It’s kind of a fetish with you and frankly upsetting. Is it really impossible for you to have posted an actual congratulations post without going on about sterilizing felons and forcing people to give the government their urine just to get $800 a month in assistance? It doesn’t sound like you’re congratulating anyone at all, but rather using law enforcement’s hard work to push forward your really freakish agenda.

Posted: 10 May 2013 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

If they really had such a successful drug business, I doubt they would need public assistance. You provide no evidence, Larry, that any of these people were on assistance.  Even if some were, it would not justify punishing all welfare recipients, much less sterilizing all of them.

Posted: 10 May 2013 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-10-10

“... forcibly sterilize people”???  Nah!  Not involuntary… voluntary.  Do a crime and you have two choices.  Full jail time or reduce jail time if you sign a document agreeing to VOLUNTARY sterilization if you commit a felony upon your release.  “... forcible sterilization…”????  At my age, I could probably put together a rather interesting list…...

“... forcing people to give the government their urine just to get $800 a month…”???  Why not.  Why should my taxes support some druggie who could probably get a job if he/she would get clean. 

“... frankly upsetting”!!!!!  Being upset is certainly your perogative.  Doesn’t affect me in the least.

Posted: 10 May 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2012-10-10

I have a feeling a lot of things don’t affect you in the least: Logic, empathy, a working knowledge of both human rights and drug use/abuse statistics…

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.