< 1 2 3
3 of 3
I see we are still an exclusive little club
Posted: 22 October 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

At my age, MIchael, to be called “Junior” is a compliment!  Few left that are enough older than me who could make that reference!!!  :>)

Posted: 22 October 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry, we are the same age, but at this age, I resent being called Junior.

Posted: 22 October 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2012-10-10

Joshing w/you, Michael.  I have a pretty resiliant skin.  Been called much worse than “Junior”. 

Board still dead.  Even seems worse than last week.  I’ve tried to get some discussion going.  Doesn’t seem to be any interest.  If The Mercury doesn’t get with the program and promote the Board, it’ll never survive.  I’m not sure they understand how critical that promotion… ASAP… is. 

Spoke w/another person who wanted to start some discussion.  When that person realized it could take a week to get registered, they lost interest.  Another thought is that we’ve not seen Director Schoen or the commissioners on here.  If one of the requirements to be registered is a home phone number, people in that line of work will not easily give up their privacy.  I, also, do not think some of the “well connected” in town would allow their egos to be damaged by having to ‘get in line’ with we common people.  If they have to wait 4 or 5 days, and cannot pick up the phone and tell someone “who they are”, they won’t bother to participate here.

Oh, well… we’ll keep trying….

Posted: 22 October 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Larry, I agree.  The forum looks pretty dead right now.  ned tells me that he has some ideas on how to re-invigorate it.  I hope those work.  So far this is pretty dull.  At least, it gave me the time to finish the novel which is on its way to the publisher and then Amazon.  Soon, I will be rich…hahaha

< 1 2 3
3 of 3

‹‹ Ball’s Lunch      What happened? Tea Party? ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.