1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
I see we are still an exclusive little club
Posted: 18 October 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

Not much action here as I see it, anyway.  My cats are huddled in the dining room.  They resent cool weather, as do I.  Making homemade chicken and noodles today.  I was in the mood for some comfort food.  Filled up the car with gas this morning…$44.18….I do have some roses blooming, and, of course, that is always nice….Let’s see…well, that’s about all I can think of right now.

Posted: 18 October 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

What a process… had to wait days to get access to the forum and then wait on a phone call to verify that I actually existed so that I could post!  I agree Michael that people are worried that what they say might cost them there jobs, but I also think people can’t control themselves online.  If all someone could do was attack other users on a personal level or attack their employers I don’t know that they contributed much in the first place.  For example Randall posted a lot but 90% of what he posted was garbage and just attacking other users.  If people aren’t joining the new forum because they can’t continue their childish ways it might be a lot quieter but I say good riddance.  It’s very easy to attack and smear behind a pane of darkness, it’s quite another to actually have to stand behind your words!  Seems like most of the old users have no desire to actually stand behind what they were saying!

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Michael…Randall has always posted under his real name.  He does not lurk in the darkness.  Anyway, Glad you are here.

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

Yes, but Randall lives in the D.C. area.  He posted under his real name, but it would have been difficult to have “Guido” from Manhattan drive all the way to Maryland to kick his fanny.  Here, if Bob or Hadley get out of line… I can drive a couple blocks or a few miles and settle this thing face to face.  Being old duffers as we are, we can take out our teeth before we initiate fisticuffs.  Would hate to pay for those expensive dentures… again!!!  :>)

What are the odds?  A half dozen posters on the entire forum and two of them are Michaels!!  We should have all registered as “Michael”, with our real last names.  Then we could have talked bad about other posters, and no one would have known who we were lambasting.

Wellcome, Michael II…..

Posted: 18 October 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2012-10-11

He did post under his real name but most of his posts were garbage.  The only pots he was looking to stir was with other posters and maybe the city of Manhattan but that’s a different discussion!

From the difficulty getting “approved” to join the club I’m guessing it will be weeks before everyone gets back online.

Posted: 18 October 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Interesting… I see Michael II’s ‘join date’ is 10/11, while Michael I’s is 10/12.  Yet, Michael I… who really may MIchael II… was posting long before Michael I… who really could be Michael II.  So.. who is Michael I and who is Michael II??  Will the ‘secret handshake’ be the differentiating factor that allows us to tell the apart?  Do we PM Jelani and insist we’re full up on the Michaels and no more should ba allowed into this exclusive club?  Do we just call you Hadley and Davis?  Or, do one of you go as ‘Mike’?  Guess we could refer to either by the moniker used on the old discussion board.  Woops!  Michael was Michael there.  Was Michael II… or maybe Michael I if his join date is correct… on the old board?

Posted: 19 October 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

There are two Michaels.  I am Michael Hadley and the start date is wrong….as is the designation of “newbie”.  No one calls me Mike.  No one who knows me, at least.  I am not a “Mike”...“Mikes” are congenial and fun-loving.  I am neither of those.  I am Michael…like the Archangel….

Posted: 19 October 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-18

So what is this secret handshake ya’ll are talking about!

Posted: 19 October 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-19

I’m in, I’m in. What do we do now?

Posted: 19 October 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-19

Whattya suppose the chances are Lagnaf shows up?

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Troy, he may have already.  In this situation, real names are as elusive as screen names.  He could be anyone…he could be you…or Larry…or Bob Strawn…He isn’t me.  I can assure you of that.  Anyway, welcome to our small club.

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

Scott,
Welcome to you as well.  We’ll let you in on the handshake later.

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

HADLEY!!!  I’ve graduated to “Jr. Member”!!!  No longer a “Newbie”!  I outrank you low lifes!  You don’t know how difficult it is to pat myself on the back while typing!!!!  :>)

Wow!  Finally getting some folks through the mess of red-tape.  Now if we can just find some good old issues to argue about….

Posted: 19 October 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-12

My congratulations to you Mr. C…I mean, Larry…sorry Ned.  A “Junior Member”....!!! Wow…that must be an exciting milestone for you.  I can only hope that…someday…I might get to be a “junior member”...Did you have to strangle a raccoon with your bare hands?  I don’t think I could do that.  Anyway, being a “junior member” makes you the head pooh bah here in the club, so we will all bow to your wishes….Tell us oh “junior member”...what should we do next?

Posted: 19 October 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-10

Michael, I had to lasso an armadillo.  Lived in Kansas all my 66 years.  Have seen wild turkeys go from zero population to plentiful… deer go from a few stragglers to being so plentiful they’re running into automibiles every day… bobcat… antelope… and, now, I’m seeing more and more armadillos.  I always thought those critters were found in New Mexico and Arizona.  Two armadillos are hanging out near one of the locations I frequent daily.  They’re getting braver and will sit there watching construction workers toiling away.  They’ve even got to where the guys can toss stones at them and they’ll just mosey off.

With my promotion to “Junior Member”, I rec’d a gift basket with a pass for one free game of shuffleboard at the local retirement facilty… an autographed thong worn by Bob when he was Mayor… and a lifetime subscription to Newsweek Magazine print edition. :>)

Posted: 19 October 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-10-19

The club is slowly expanding, although it is amusing to just read the banter.

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3

‹‹ Ball’s Lunch      What happened? Tea Party? ››

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.