Nice sob story from the “Angel”
Posted: 25 April 2013 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

He misses his family…touching.  Now, it appears that he is merely transferring for a better deal at Miami.  This, according to Shaky Rodriguez…(who would trust anyone with a name like that?). He is also apparently appealing the one-year sit out based on “hardship”.  What hardship?  That he can’t see his mommy? If that is the problem he can just return to Puerto Rica, and deliver newspapers or bananas…Geez.
I have always thought he was a little prima donna and I haven’t changed my opinion.

Posted: 25 April 2013 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

To stoke your ire, Michael, this did not surprise me.  Weber won big his first year at Illinois… with Bill Self’s players/recruits.  After that, players left and Weber could not recruit.  His record deteriorated, year after year, until he was fired.  KSU picked up Weber.  He won with Martin’s recruits/players.  He gets a zillion dollar raise.  Then, we have the only experienced point guard take off to Miami and we aren’t hearing of any huge recruiting successes. 

Hopefully, Weber can find a capable JuCo player to fill the point guard slot for a year or two while he recruits and brings along a youngster.  History doesn’t bode well.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.