Toshiba…Leading Innovation
Posted: 24 April 2013 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2012-10-12

If they are leading innovation, then we will all be back in the dark ages in a few weeks.  I have had this…$800…machine for two years, during which I have had to replace the hard-drive twice.
It performs when it wants to, which is every other day. I will say that when it is working, it works fast and well.  However, for those of you looking for a new computer…stay away from this brand.
Every other day, it locks up .  I shut it off and when I turn it back on it says that it was shut down improperly and we must start over, which eliminates all my tabs and I must start from scratch.  In short, it is a POS.

Posted: 24 April 2013 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2012-10-10

Wife on her second Toshiba laptop and has had no real problems.  Hope reading your thread doesn’t jinx the one she has now!!!!!  Computers… cars… televisions… phones… Everything we own, anymore, is “throw-away”.  They design them to fail so you purchase new ones.  Just turned over 100,000 miles on my Silverado.  She still seems to be in excellent shape.  I asked the dealer, at the last oil change, how 100,000 miles on my truck related to human years.  Is my truck “over the hill”?  The service manager told me 100,000 on my truck was like 30 in human years.  Expect double that… 200,000/60 years.  Some will run to 300,000/90 years, but a lot of parts will either need replaced or will no longer work.  I’ve already begun the replacement of body parts in the 60’s.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.