Amazing observations…..
Posted: 21 April 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-10-10

1.  It is amazing how many late model autos have no turn signals.  If they do have turn signals, the driver evidently has no clue where to find the operating lever.  Fairly new Audi, yesterday, made two turns in front of me without signalling either one.  I guess it’s difficult to steer, talk on your cell phone, and operate turn signals all at the same time.

2.  It is amazing the number of people who simply will not read traffic signs.  Two mornings in a row, I’ve almost been hit making a left hand turn onto Seth Childs while exiting K-18 from the west.  There are two left hand turn lanes.  Yet, people who are on the inside lane continue to turn into the outside lane.  A Dodge pickup heard my horn… long and loud… yesterday.  He was on his cell phone and acted as if he never noticed.  Of course, he had already almost hit me as he exited K-18 from the left hand lane.  This morning, a lady in a SUV turned into the outside lane in a hurry to get to Home Depot.  I’m amazed there aren’t more accidents at that intersection.

3.  It is amazing that so many drivers have no idea what a ‘Yield” sign means.  Seems they either stop at a yield sign, backing up traffic behind them, or drive right through it without regard to oncoming traffic.  If there is no oncoming traffic… DO NOT STOP!!!  If there IS oncoming traffic… YIELD to them!!  Is it that difficult??!!??

Posted: 21 April 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2012-10-10

Larry:  Send the RCPD Law Board a note on this topic.  Time for traffic cams at selected locations.  The RCPD could move them around and over time create behavior modification.  The one driver you mentioned could get an e ticket for cell phone use and improper lane change at a much reduced administrative cost than having an officer watch the intersection.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | The Manhattan Mercury, 318 North 5th Street, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502

Reproduction of any kind is prohibited without written consent.